Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,741

2 members and 2,739 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Ball Python Eggs For Sale?

So I stumbled across an add on my local Craigslist for someone selling a clutch of BP eggs. He didn't have a price and was taking offers. Now I see so many things wrong with this. How could ANYONE conclusively say what would be contained in the eggs? He claimed it was a lesser bee to a Pinstripe.

I see so many red flags and I couldn't imagine anyone that knows anything about BP's to purchase a clutch of eggs just by going on someone's "word" that they will contain what the seller claims, plus there's no guarantee they will even contain the possible combos listed. When I asked why he didn't wait for them to hatch to sell them off that way he said "it's easier to sell them as a whole than 1 by 1".....it makes no sense to me. Has anyone else ever come across something like that?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks
    That is not normal. Offer him $75 (6 eggs or so?) as long as the eggs are good even if it was a normal to normal clutch it will work out. I would not trust doing something like that though...even if you know the person and can believe that the eggs are what they are supposed to be...road trips+eggs+temps swings+etc. tend to not be great for eggs.

I Gots Me Some Snakes...

Thanks
    it really makes no sense.

reasonable people only sell adults, or hatchlings that have eaten and that had their first shed, some only sell well-started hatchlings that show weight gain. and reasonable people consider gravid females or eggs or freshly hatched hatchlings to not be fit for sale.

you really dont know if the guy messed up and caused a nasty temp spike and is now trying to limit his losses.

so i agree, lots of red flags, and its hard to make sense of it.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Thanks

Re: Ball Python Eggs For Sale?

I didn't have any interest in buying the eggs, I was just curious what kind of logic this person was using in selling a clutch of eggs that could honestly be ANY number of combinations. But I agree the trip wouldn't be good for the eggs anyway as it would be a 40 to 50 minute car ride

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Its done for chicken eggs (and maybe other poultry too, but I only know about chickens), BUT that's a whole different ballgame. The requirements for birds are a bit different than the requirements for reptiles. Even with buying and incubating fertilized chicken eggs, you need to be careful about how you handle the eggs, or they may not hatch, and those hatcheries that do sell fertilized eggs often don't even given guarantees for that reason. I can only imagine someone buying these ball python eggs for any amount of money (no matter how little or much) and having none hatch. I've never heard of that, and personally wouldn't take the risk.
    Why keep a snake? Why keep any animal? Because you enjoy the animal, find something beautiful and fascinating about it, and it fits seamlessly into your lifestyle.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sorraia For This Useful Post:

Nismogizmos (04-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KING JAMES View Post
    That is not normal. Offer him $75 (6 eggs or so?) as long as the eggs are good even if it was a normal to normal clutch it will work out. I would not trust doing something like that though...even if you know the person and can believe that the eggs are what they are supposed to be...road trips+eggs+temps swings+etc. tend to not be great for eggs.
    It's hard enough these days to sell morphs. Normals? You'd have to pay me to take those eggs...and it would have to be more than 75 bucks...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks
    Shady as heck. I wouldn't bother. If the guy doesn't understand how bad an idea selling eggs is, I wouldn't trust him to know how to take care of his snakes either. I feel bad for the guy who decides to gamble on that deal.
    -Hannah

0.1 Mexican Black Kingsnake (Wednesday)

Ball Pythons
    1.0 Normal (Pugsley)
    2.0 Cinnamon (Peep & Tank)
    1.0 Lesserbee (Lemon Meringue)
    0.1 Super Pastel (Dollop)
    0.1 Pewter (Trifle)
    0.1 Hypo Pastel (French Toast)
    0.1 Mojave (Tiramisu)
    0.1 Pastel Sugar (Boston Creme Pie)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whatsherface For This Useful Post:

Nismogizmos (04-29-2014),Phantomtip (04-30-2014)

Thanks

I wouldn't touch them with a 10ft pole and someone else's hand. The guy is trying to either make a quick buck, or off load an undesirable clutch. I'm a skeptical person. I don't take someone's word at face value anymore. After getting burned by people over the years I want proof. Also you have to think about transporting the eggs and how much it will cost you in the long run. Incubating, housing, and feeding them IF they hatch, and what your out if they really are "just normals". Then housing and feeding for x many years till you sell them or they die of old age. I prefer to buy my snakes where I can see and hold them before I decide if I really want them. This almost sounds like the old snake oil salesman my grandmother told me about.

Thanks
    recently I responded to a craigslist add for a coastal carpet clutch to ask a few basic questions.

The add stated "coastal carpet python clutch for sale. Only respond with serious offers. I know what these are worth so don't lowball me"

I asked what was the pairing, how many eggs in the clutch, have they been in an incubator and if there was a price in mind , what was it?

I did not receive a response.

Thanks
    my boss told me aqbout a add he saw similar to this in my area ...its odd....not sure i would trust that they were handled right to start with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast