Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,426

1 members and 3,425 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Burrowing... He's doing it wrong...

So I recently noticed my bp trying to burrow into his reptibark but the way he's doing it looks... painful. His substrate is actually very loose and he shouldn't be having any problems but the way he jams his nose right into it concerns me. I mean he applies so much force that the rest of his body actually lifts off the floor of his tank.
    I consistently check husbandry before and after work (92 warm side, 82 cool side, reptifogger for humidity every half hour on timer, identical hides on opposite sides, large water bowl in the middle). He eats and poops and sheds regularly.
    When he does this, it doesn't even look like he's trying to go anywhere but straight down. Should I be worried? Is his nose gonna get busted up? He's starting to do this every night. Oh and if it makes a difference, it's only in the corners of his tank.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Burrowing... He's doing it wrong...

How long has it been since his last shed, and what is the actual humidity at? Also does he use the hides? If he doesn't it could be he's trying to hide in the substrate because he doesnt feel secure in them if they are to big
    Last edited by kylearmbar; 04-08-2014 at 01:41 AM.
    0.2 normal, 1.0 Butter, 1.1 Fire, 1.0 Pastel, 0.1 Spider, .1 Pastel Het Clown

Thanks

Humidity is at 58% and he uses the hides during the day. He comes out at 9ish and goes at the corners around midnight. His last shed started on the 13th with the actual shed on the 17th.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks

I wouldnt be to worried then. Maybe double check for mites if what he's doing is itching. My only other thought of what it could be is I notice is just being more active if he is still hungry if he isn't being fed enough. What's his weight and prey item size? If everything is fine he will eventually settle down more.
    0.2 normal, 1.0 Butter, 1.1 Fire, 1.0 Pastel, 0.1 Spider, .1 Pastel Het Clown