Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,043

0 members and 3,043 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: What is this?

Thanks

What is this?

My boy zues has two spots like this on his back. Been like this since I got him. I've tried to keep the humidity at like 40-50% but it doesn't seem to be getting better. I'm hoping it'll go away when he sheds. Anybody know what it may be? Pictures may not be clear enough to tell sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Looks like some kind of scar. Maybe from a rodent bite?
    ---
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Pastel BP
    1.1 Black and White Banded Cal-King

2.3 Dogs
    0.4 Cats
    1.0 Husband
    2.0 Kids

Thanks

Re: What is this?

Yikes! I hope not. I got him from pet smart and they said they fed frozen thawed and I'm really against live feeding for that reason.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: What is this?

Hard to tell from the pictures, but it doesn't look like rodent bite to me. Looks like a minor, old injury though. Maybe a burn or a scrape. It will probably start looking better with progressive sheds, but may never look flawless in that spot, if it's a scar. It could just be a dry patch that completely clears up after one or two sheds. Either way, it doesn't look like anything to be worried about.
    -- Judy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (04-09-2014)

Thanks
    see how it changes with the next shed. it looks like something old, that healed long ago.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Thanks

What is this?

That's good to hear. Thanks. I'll keep this thread updated with the next couple sheds.

Last edited by Redlude92; 04-09-2014 at 12:33 AM.

Thanks
    Yup yup, looks like the last remnants of a scrape. I wouldn't be concerned about it as long as it keeps getting better with each shed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkspftw View Post
    My ball pythons, so far as I can tell so far, are idiots. Lovable all the same, but not smart. In fact, my main moral dilemma as a BP keeper is the fact that we have to feed animals that are so smart (rats) to ones that are basically as dumb as logs.

I'm working on a Snake Tracker App! If you have any ideas or suggestions on features, feel free to post them in the Development Thread! I'll also be posting updates on the development of this program in this thread!

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Could also be rubbing against something? I have a couple male that look ugly because their heads are all jacked up from trying to push out of their tubs.

And FYI there are millions of live feeding going on every day.