Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,332

1 members and 3,331 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fog eye

Thanks

Fog eye

My pied in the last few days have something like a fog, reminde me like a shed fog but it s only on one eye, i am very sad, i dont know is he ok, is that eye in function?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Fog eye

He is ok generaly, eat and move...

Thanks

Could be a stuck eye cap maybe? Can you get a pic of the eye?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by elbee; 03-29-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    God Bless http://www.iherp.com/elbee
    _____
    1.0 Pastel, 1.0 Albino, 1.0 Piebald, 1.0 Pastel Butter Spotnose
    0.1 Het pied, 0.1 Pewter, 0.1 Super Pastel, 0.1 Champagne, 0.1 BEL, 0.1 Pastel Leopard
    1.1 Thayeri Kingsnake
    1.0 Hog Island Boa
    0.2 Western Hognose (normal and purple line albino)

Thanks

You see? It's like a fog or something like that...

Account Disabled
    Thanks

It looks like maybe he didn't really have a good shed last time and some was just a bit stuck. I wouldn't worry unless it's still there after his next shed or if it starts to look worse. When my girl had a bit of a messed up shed(she got stuck between two pieces of grapewood and rubbed some off while she was in the blue and some of the skin around that area didn't want to shed off) her scales were kinda wrinkely and flat looking in the area where it was rubbed off (and where it was stuck) like some of the ones on your ball's head, it went away completely after a couple sheds. Did you check the shed skin for eyecaps?
    Last edited by TurkeyPython; 03-30-2014 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks

No, i did not because when i pick him up from breeder he just finishin sheed, i was remove pieces of skin from his head, it was definitely bad shed process las time, that is my opinion.

Thanks

Should i wait next shed or i must do something now about his eye cap?

Thanks
    wait.

one bad thing that can happen is that people think there is a stuck eye cap, and then they remove or damage an eye cap that is actually in use. and thats disastrous. also, stuck eye caps are only bad if several accumulate. one or two are no problem.

wait for the next shed, and check the next shed if it has eye caps in it, or if the shed has holes where the eye cap should be.

dont do anything unless you are 100% certain, with a shed as material evidence, that there actually is a stuck eye cap. i dont see a stuck eye cap in the images. and even then, you have weeks or months to figure it out, first thing i would do is to make sure the humidity is right and wait one more shed and hope that the next one goes better.

and even if you are 100% certain that its a stuck eye cap, you have enough time to try the least invasive methods first. like letting her crawl arund in a moist pillowcase, or giving her a bath once a week.

but i see some old scars on the top of the head. it seems to have healed long ago. looks like battle scars from live feeding.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Thanks
    i would wait until after his next shed. when hes gonna shed next time maybe do a soak? or use the pillow case method just to help with the thick stuck shed pieces

Thanks

Thanks a lot my friends, i will wait... I don't know for scars realy, that breeder use live prey, i know that but i couldn't do nothing before i pick up my snake from him because i was waiting on documents for snake to be finished. Now he pre killed prey ... Will the scares remain forever or not??? I hope wil disapere...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast