Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 532

1 members and 531 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks
    Does anyone know where I can purchase a rack system that would be the cheapest? Like a freedom breeder rack?
    I have been tossing this idea around for a while, it would probly be best for me. The only thing is I am terrified of using heat tape.
    A friend of mine's house burnt down cuz of heat tape around her pipes. I currently use (HUMAN) heat pads. Could I continue using them or do you have to use the tape?
    I am not at all farmiliar with heat tape. Is there a special brand that would be better than others? Thanks in advance for your ideas. :-)

Thanks

Cheap Rack system?

Racks ummmm try home depot you can proly just put something together yourself.
    -My Tarantulas-
    1-P. murinus, 1-A. seemani, 2-P. regalis, 2-G. rosea, 1-B. albopilosum, 2-A. avicularia
    -My Snakes-
    2-Ball Pythons, 1-Plains garter, 1-Burmese Python, 1-Red tail boa
    -Other pets-
    1-Iguana, 1-Sulcata Tortoise, 2-Love Birds, 1-Umbrella Cockatoo, 1-Scottish Terrier, 1-Wire Fox Terrier
    1-Black Kitty

Thanks
    You can get pretty sturdy and fiarly deep steel racks at Home Depot or Lowes for appx $50-$70, throw down a low 1/4" rail along the front and back and let the human heating pad lay underneath. I've been seriously toying with this idea. The drawbacks vs making one out of melamine cut to size: is you won't have a flush top, would be constrained by the available rack positions and a set width, would have nothing deeper than about 2 feet or wider than about 4 and would have to get tupperware that would fit.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smulkin
    You can get pretty sturdy and fiarly deep steel racks at Home Depot or Lowes for appx $50-$70, throw down a low 1/4" rail along the front and back and let the human heating pad lay underneath. I've been seriously toying with this idea. The drawbacks vs making one out of melamine cut to size: is you won't have a flush top, would be constrained by the available rack positions and a set width, would have nothing deeper than about 2 feet or wider than about 4 and would have to get tupperware that would fit.
    that is a good idea.....there are those adjustable kind grey steel ones.i have one in the garage......hummmmm. i would keep them in my den and that wouldn't be very atractive. a store-bought rack isn't either. maybe a decorative clear shower curtan hanging over it? i would build my own in a heartbeat, but physically can't right now. staying with the hhpad is a great idea too. the heat tape idea just scares me.

Thanks

Feeding..Too big?

Heat tape wired and used correctly is perfectly safe I use it extensively in my own racks and cages that I build out of PVC

Thanks
    nice cages and racks robert, can you email me with a link for these with prices? do you also build arboreal racks for the gtp's?

thanks

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

Thanks

tank question

Vaughn send me pm or an email and I will get the list of what build to you
    The white rack thats upside down in that large pic is a 6 hole for 5 gallon tubs that works great for arboreals
    Robert@ChondrosUnlimited.com