Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,946

2 members and 2,944 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: BP handling!

Thanks

BP handling!

Hey all! I've had my BP for about a month now and he is just great! He's 7/8 months old, 150 grams, he feeds once a week as of right now & just about 2 feet long. I just love getting him out and let him cruise around. So my question is, how many times do you guys handle your BPs? I don't wanna stress the little guy out, but whenever I have him out he seems to just love roaming around all over my bed and what not so I can't really tell if I'm stressing him too much. But I also want him to get used to being handled on a regular basis eventually as well. Thanks!
    hugs&hisses

Thanks

Re: BP handling!

If you only have one i would get him out every night except after feeding and when their shedding. Just let him hang out. If hes eating regularly then your probably not stressing him out. If he dont eat for you or stops eating then leave him alone fore a while. Ive notice with my collection though if i go a little bit with out handle one they usually dont change personality wise too much just seem a little shy again

Thanks

We have a routine that keeps our snake happy. We feed on Friday, no handling for two days, handle if we want on Sunday evening or throughout the week and typically don't handle on feeding day. However, ours will eat regardless of handling. That is what works for us. You will learn about your BP and figure out what works for you. Main thing I would suggest is that since the snake is young and feeding well don't push it. Getting your bp on a steady eating schedule is first, then comes handling.

Thanks

If you end up with a lot of BP's just let them all out in a room and let your kids play BP roundup? Its fun for them and the snakes get handled

Thanks

Thanks! Hes feed regularly very week since I've had him so Id say hes a good eater & if he starts showing signs of stress, I'll know to just give him alone time more. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hugs&hisses