Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,568

2 members and 1,566 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My RTB's setup!

Thanks
    Ok, First off I don't have pics yet........I will soon though I would just like to explain what it looks like for now and also what I have in it since I have just completed setting it up! I really want to get some input on it! Ok, First off it is a 55 gallon high. I have plexi-glass over 3/4 of the top. The part that isnt covered is were I have his Daytime light and his NightTime light. Then I have a human heating pad under the tank. On the inside I have two hides. This tree branch like thing and a water dish in the center. I also have a Hydrometer/Thermometer in there. I use paper towel as a substrate for now........I am planning on stitching to ECO EARTH. I really want to hear what people think and if they think I should add something. I will get some pics up soon.
    -My Tarantulas-
    1-P. murinus, 1-A. seemani, 2-P. regalis, 2-G. rosea, 1-B. albopilosum, 2-A. avicularia
    -My Snakes-
    2-Ball Pythons, 1-Plains garter, 1-Burmese Python, 1-Red tail boa
    -Other pets-
    1-Iguana, 1-Sulcata Tortoise, 2-Love Birds, 1-Umbrella Cockatoo, 1-Scottish Terrier, 1-Wire Fox Terrier
    1-Black Kitty

Thanks
    Pic teaser! lol, it sounds like you know what you're doing, one thing that I would personally change is the day/night light setup. They don't need the light, and if you want to avoid the hassle of timers or having to switch lights every night, you can get an infrared bulb and just leave that bad boy runnin 24/7. Other'd that, pretty much Bob's your uncle.

Thanks
    I heard it is good for them to have both. I heard that they need the daytime light for their skin to stay healthy. I also dont mind switching the lights on and off. Mainly because I have to do it with my Tarantulas because I am too lazy to get timers. I have all of my pets on almost the same photo period. 12/12 for most.
    -My Tarantulas-
    1-P. murinus, 1-A. seemani, 2-P. regalis, 2-G. rosea, 1-B. albopilosum, 2-A. avicularia
    -My Snakes-
    -Other pets-
    1-Iguana, 1-Sulcata Tortoise, 2-Love Birds, 1-Umbrella Cockatoo, 1-Scottish Terrier, 1-Wire Fox Terrier
    1-Black Kitty

Banned
    Thanks
    They are nocturnal, they don't come out to bask in the sun like lizards. They don't need the light.

Thanks
    So I should just get ride of it?
    -My Tarantulas-
    -My Snakes-
    -Other pets-
    1-Black Kitty

Thanks
    Also if I get ride of the daytime light should I keep the red one on 24/7?
    -My Tarantulas-
    -My Snakes-
    -Other pets-
    1-Black Kitty

Thanks
    As was already said, yes. You can just ditch the daytime light and use an infrared bulb 24/7. It's a good idea, since nocturnal species seem to be stressed with bright lights that are on too long. Any natural light that comes in the room during the day should be fine. And their skin will stay healthy aslong as your husbandry is good. Fresh water, correct humidity, etc.
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )

Thanks
    Hmmmm.......That can't be true about all nocturnal species because tarantulas need a photocycle 12/12.........
    -My Tarantulas-
    -My Snakes-
    -Other pets-
    1-Black Kitty

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Podo
    Hmmmm.......That can't be true about all nocturnal species because tarantulas need a photocycle 12/12.........
    I don't know about your tarantulas, but I always see the pet store ones exploring during the day, which isn't the same with BPs.

Thanks
    Yea....I don't know it seems like my Tarantulas always sit in there hides or burrows till dark and then they are jumping around and stuff. The only tarantulas that I have that are really active during the day are my G. rosea..........but they are always active.
    -My Tarantulas-
    -My Snakes-
    -Other pets-
    1-Black Kitty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast