Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,365

1 members and 3,364 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Feeding Strike?

Thanks

Unhappy Feeding Strike?

So we are in week 2 of my big guy not eating... Any advice would be good here.... I worry too much im sure...

Nothing in hi environment has changed since we got him, 90ish on his warm side, 80ish on his cool side, 65% humidity, on paper towels, 2 hides and a water bowl...

he has always eatten fairly aggressively however the last 3 weeks or o he has been acting almost afraid of the rats... to the tune that last week and this week he wont even strike... he gets right up on the rat and "sniffs" it and then goes on about his business... we feed live so we cant just leave it in there and hope he decides to eat at some point... last week we tried knocking it out and dancing it for him, no luck, this week he just gets all jumpy and ignores it....

Im not sure what to do here...

Thanks

Re: Feeding Strike?

Just keep trying once a week. My yellow belly boy hasn't eaten since the beginning of December. I keep trying though. It's not like im giving him too big of a feeder either. He'll smell it then go about his business. As long as hedoesn't loose a significant amount of weight then he's fine. It's normal for adult males to go on strike this time of year. They are more in the mind set of looking for girls.

Thanks
    Isnt that the downfall for most males, whatever the species... females LOL Thank you