Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,646

1 members and 1,645 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks
    Well, I went to the zoo today. I had to use a disposable camera to take pics :x So I will get them back in a day or so. When I do get them back I will post them. The only things I thought were sorta neat were the snakes. I saw a Green Anaconda, 3 Green Tree Boas, 2 King Cobras, Rhino Ratlle snake and a bunch of other rattlers. They HAD NO TARANTULAS!!! That made me sorta sad. They had no burmese which also pist me off. None of there snakes werent anything I had not seen before. What was sorta gross is they had a tub full of dead Green Anoles they were feeding to the birds. I think I was only impressed by the zoo when I was a young kid. I got some neat shots of some of their snakes tho. Those I will post.
    -My Tarantulas-
    1-P. murinus, 1-A. seemani, 2-P. regalis, 2-G. rosea, 1-B. albopilosum, 2-A. avicularia
    -My Snakes-
    2-Ball Pythons, 1-Plains garter, 1-Burmese Python, 1-Red tail boa
    -Other pets-
    1-Iguana, 1-Sulcata Tortoise, 2-Love Birds, 1-Umbrella Cockatoo, 1-Scottish Terrier, 1-Wire Fox Terrier
    1-Black Kitty

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Funny how things change as you get older and understand the things that you see.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

exploring outside of the cage

Quote Originally Posted by Podo
    What was sorta gross is they had a tub full of dead Green Anoles they were feeding to the birds.
    i know they have to eat too, but i just love those anoles. :cry:
    - Emily

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog
    Funny how things change as you get older and understand the things that you see.

yeah that is sorta like me an movies that i saw when i was 5 lol. when i see em today i understand things better and when go to hte zoo i am actually mmore interested in the animals background then just the movement of the animal( when i was little if the animal didn't move it was boring).
    Brian
    1.0 ball python-Reeses(u know the candy)
    0.1 sumatran blood python-shai (i miss you)
    1.0 JCP- spaz

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Shed Questions

I know when I was a kid I be like.. Wow look at that big snake. Now I'm like man wonder if he's a good feeder or how do they keep from stressing them out with all the people tapping on the glass and all the noise..
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog
    I know when I was a kid I be like.. Wow look at that big snake. Now I'm like man wonder if he's a good feeder or how do they keep from stressing them out with all the people tapping on the glass and all the noise..
    I can't agree with you more.
    I'm exactly like you. :shock:

Thanks
    Nothing there really made me go "WOW". I mean I was interested in talking to the Zoo keeper and asking questions. Like what do you do to keep the snakes sooo calm and not stressed out? I mean there were a few snakes that I thought were beautiful. Of course I have pics of those too. I was interested in the animals cages and thinking wow...........I need to start working on the burms home. I felt sorta bad also none of those animals looked very happy either. I felt like they were trying to say "help us, we are tired of kids pounding on the glass when we dont move!" I also thought the anoles thing was sorta gross. Also I just fell in love with the Tree Boas there I was wondering if anyone has one? I think they are just beautiful.
    -My Tarantulas-
    1-P. murinus, 1-A. seemani, 2-P. regalis, 2-G. rosea, 1-B. albopilosum, 2-A. avicularia
    -My Snakes-
    2-Ball Pythons, 1-Plains garter, 1-Burmese Python, 1-Red tail boa
    -Other pets-
    1-Iguana, 1-Sulcata Tortoise, 2-Love Birds, 1-Umbrella Cockatoo, 1-Scottish Terrier, 1-Wire Fox Terrier
    1-Black Kitty