Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,006

1 members and 2,005 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Well i went to petco today (ew) and saw a red tail for $140. i know there is a cheaper place to buy, so i was hoping someone could share where they bought ? or give me a recommendation on where to buy..thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nate For This Useful Post:

Monette938 (03-16-2018)

Thanks

Size

alexhuereptiles.com gave me great service. you need to take things in to consideration...a BCI will out grow rats and need to feed on about 2lb rabbits. thats about $5 a bunny at rodentpro.com. think of size also. males get 6-8ft, females 7-9ft. you would need a tank size of 4x2x2 for a male or 5x2x2 for a female. husbandry is relative to that of a BP. just read up before you do anything, and ask plenty of questions
    ~Jason~

0.1 BCI-Adrian
    1.0 Burm-Homer
    1.0 Tiger Retic-Buster
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "If you give up before you try, then you never really wanted it in the first place."
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v708/BCImperator11/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    Im going to go ***** slap someone at petco.............$140 for a Red well I mean if its a columbian thats outrageous. I purchased my red tail from a breeder. I got him for $80.
    -My Tarantulas-
    1-P. murinus, 1-A. seemani, 2-P. regalis, 2-G. rosea, 1-B. albopilosum, 2-A. avicularia
    -My Snakes-
    2-Ball Pythons, 1-Plains garter, 1-Burmese Python, 1-Red tail boa
    -Other pets-
    1-Iguana, 1-Sulcata Tortoise, 2-Love Birds, 1-Umbrella Cockatoo, 1-Scottish Terrier, 1-Wire Fox Terrier
    1-Black Kitty

Thanks
    Hi,
    I have seen a few horror stories about pet store boa's so be sure they have a good track record.
    I have purchased three boa's from a excellent breeder in Texas he will ship to your door over nite and . They are all feeding on fresh thawed and healthy.
    All are from excellent stock and are the end result of special breeding projects for color and traits. I like female boa's my self this boa is 110.oo shipping included

http://www.redtailboas.com/colombian...bci901-08.html

He also has some high end pastels that are special.
    Like manyreptile owners our first Bp's are commons and then we soon want a special animal .

http://www.redtailboas.com/current/

if your wondering about cage requirements he provides a free exellent care sheet.

http://care.redtailboas.com/

my hog islande was out of one of his breeding projects she is a real diamond of a snake..

its all about genetics,
    Doug

here's one of his breeding stock females she's one of my favorites her name is Delila
    BP's the better mousetrap

Thanks
    Hi,
    here's one last thought don't get a boa and expect them all to be only skinny little 6 ft snakes many are becoming rather large boids.
    Here's and example of a rather large boa , BCI..

http://www.theboaforum.com/cgi-bin/y...num=1095133141

Hey breeders are keeping the biggest females because they have the largest littler ,so after while your gloing to see a gradual increase in size.
    And with time we may have more 10 ft BCI floating about..
    doug
    BP's the better mousetrap

Thanks
    I paid 100.00 for a normal red tail boa from a local breeder here in Phoenix. I paid 150.00 for a hi orange colored redtail from a breeder in Texas. A decent boa bred by a small reputable breeder will range between 100 and 200 and higher for unique colors.
    My new boy Crush whom is 1 year old is worth every penny of the 150.00 I paid for him. I personally would steer clear of Petco.
    IBD disease could be present as well as other issues, mites etc. Just my personal opinion.

Banned
    Thanks

poke!

dbacker wut kinda morph do you got on that little thing to the left- yea that is pushin the price

Thanks
    perhaps mojave?
    1.0 Ball Python [Icculus]
    >>>>Looking for a vet?<<<<
    http://www.herpvetconnection.com/
    http://www.arav.org

Thanks
    His current avatar is a desert ghost bp I think.

If you ask me, prices are a minor factor in the purchase of a snake. If you want a healthy, beautiful snake, best thing to do is go for a good breeder. If the breeders prices seem a bit high, but they're trustworthy and it's not a rip off, I'd think "hmm...I could pay 50-100 dollars more for a good captive bred specimen...or I can save some money and go get a mite infested, unhealthy one from Petco/pet shops". I'd go with the more expensive snake in a heartbeat. Money isn't a big factor if it means a healthy and happy snake IMO.
    My bp cost me 100 dollars from a breeder near Toronto. Her bp's seem high priced, but currently it's the only good breeder I know that's close enough to me to get a snake from, so I went with her. I don't regret the extra cash at all. Her prices were ranging 90-125 for normal bp's. Most/all had the "bullseye" patterns, and 50% of them had high white markings. Some were high gold, etc. They were all beautiful. And well worth the extra money. I don't think you'd find any snakes that good looking and healthy in a pet store. Breeders are the way to go. I'm waiting till June, the breeder from Toronto, has her gravid boa's give birth. Then I'm gonna work something out with her and finally get my boa. I'm sure I'll pay 150-200 dollars, but IMO it's worth every dollar.
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

so thirsty!?

I bought my red tail from a local breeder named Chris Himstedt, at least i think thats house his name is spelled. Has alot of exp with breeding balls, columbian, and countless morphs of each.....very nice and friendly guy to deal with.
    - Jason

1.1 Ball Pythons + ?? in a rack
    1.1 Corn Snake (m: Snow, f: LL Okeetee)
    0.1 Columbian Red Tailed Boa
    0.1 Rose Hair Tarauntula
    1 Emperor Scorpian
    1 Madagascar Hissing Cockaroach
    8.48 mice + lots'o'babies
    14.42 rats + lots'o'babies
    My basements quickly becoming a zoo full of secret projects :o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast