Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,990

2 members and 2,988 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got my baby !!!

Thanks
    today was an awesome day !!

i went to the breeders house to pick out my candy cane corn and she had two left that she saved for me (somebody almost bought them but she didnt sell them) and i picked one of them out, it is a girl she is about 10 or 11 inches long i am guessing , she is super calm and easy to hold.Today i fed her a pinkie mouse and she took it no problem and i was really proud becuase it was a frozen mouse, donna (the breeder) gave me about 8 pinkies so i have enough for a few feedings.And then i was talkin to her about switchin roxy to rats and she said she would give me rat pinkies so i took one of those home,killed it, and dropped it in roxys tank and at first she looked at me like i was crazy and then she ate it, she ddint even constrict this time, she just swallowed it.so maybe next time i will get more and freeze them and see if roxy will eat frozen thawed

my dad took the camera on a trip with him so i dont have any pics of the baby but she is GOREGEOUS . i named her ruby becuase her eyes are red and reminded me of rubies.So in a few days i will have some good pics of her to post here

I also got to hold the 22 year old ball python,she was huge and weighed a ton so i just put her around my neck and walked around the house looking at all of the 35 snakes she has in her home

she also told me about an expo she had done in las cruces and how busy she has been so i told her anytime she needs my help i would be more than happy to help her out and she said that would be great

well just thought i would share (your a real trooper if you read all of this super long post) :wink:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Blog Entries
    wow you really did have an awesome day! congrats on your new baby--i can't wait to see pics, and lots of 'em! and congrats on roxy taking the rat too--that is super awesome. she's gonna get big and fat now!
    - Emily

Thanks
    haha hopefully !! yeah and i didnt even have to scent it with a dead mouse either, i hear people always saying (not really on here but in other forums) that there balls are such picky eaters and alll that stuff, i guess im just blessed with a very well behaved snake ! i love her so much .

i wasnt thinkin about doing this but has anyone ever introduced a snake to another of a differnt species ? how did it work out ?
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake

Thanks
    Yay, I'm a trooper! (I read the whole post.) I'm very excited for you and can't wait to see your pics.
    1.0 Ball Python, Norbert
    0.1 Corn Snake, Nagini
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa, Peeves

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon.O
    i wasnt thinkin about doing this but has anyone ever introduced a snake to another of a differnt species ? how did it work out ?
    that reminds me of something that happened to a little girl i used to babysit. she had a pet turtle that she was playing with out in the yard one day. well she found a fence lizard of some sort while she was out there and she decided it would be a good idea to introduce the lizard to her turtle so they could be friends. so she took the lizard with one hand and the turtle with the other and held them up face to face with eachother. she said "mr. turtle, meet mr. lizard. mr. lizard, meet...." well at this point mr. turtle took one look at mr. lizard, craned his neck out and grabbed mr. lizard out of her hand and enjoyed a nice little mid afternoon lizard snack. needless to say, not many more critters got introduced to mr. turtle after that.

i like to keep this story in mind when i consider introducing my pets to eachother.
    - Emily

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Congrats Brandon! Can't wait to se pics. Corns are nothign like ball pythons when it comes to feeding - so scenting prey and all the othe r tricks we have to do for bps sometimes aren't needed. Corns are aggressive feeders - especially compared to bps.
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    yeah i noticed that, last night when i fed her she took it no prob unlike what my bp USED to do(she eats like a pig now). It took her a few seconds becuase i dont think she knew it was there, i just put it in front of her head and she quickly opened her mouth and swallowed it.

i also fed roxy her fist rat last night and id dint have to scent it or anything, i was so proud
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    yeah Roxy and Ruby!
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    haha i didnt even notice that until i was writing thier names in the log book i keep(yeah, i keep a log book,just like dates of when they eat,how much they eat,what kind of prey,mouse or rat and shed stuff like when thier eyes turn blue and when they actually shed and go poo)
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I do too - it's a great practice to get into. That way if something goes wrong, you can better trace the possible problem.
    Crested Gecko

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast