Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,336

3 members and 3,333 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Talking The Weird Sisters!

Last June, my clutch from a wild caught female (Mithril) x Yellow Belly (possible YB Chocolate?) male hatched. I originally made a thread in Is This A Morph?? (Link! with pictures of parents ) because these babies don't look at all like what I expected! I'm still not sure what to think, but here's some updated pictures. I've popped them several times and they all seem to be girls, too! Looks like I might be hanging on to all three... Any opinions or insight on these girls are more than welcome!

None of them scream YB to me (and I'm usually pretty good at picking out YBs..). I've bred the sire back to another female this year to see if I get any more 'chocolate-y' looking offspring, and have a YB female to pair up with him next season to see if I get any Ivories.

------------------------------

Nona- she's dark like her sire. She has been a difficult feeder and is growing slowly, but steadily!:

Decima - my favorite of the three! She is by far the brightest and most interesting looking:

Morta - the first to crawl out, she looks pretty plain-Jane aside from the gray spots on her neck and head spots. She's got nice color, though!:

She's still sporting those weird gray spots on her neck. She doesn't appear to have any greyish spots on her chin, though, so I don't think she's a Shatter. I don't have much experience with Shatters, however, so if anyone has any input please speak up!

Thanks for looking!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to coldblooded For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Someone on Fauna mentioned that both Mithril (dam) and the girls look like they could be green pastels / het red axanthics - I hadn't considered these and need to do more research! Anyone agree or disagree?

From the pictures I have seen, they don't really look like het red axanthics but they DO look an awful lot like green pastels / lace black backs!