Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to the whole snake thing but after bringing Angel home (3 1/2 ft female normal BP), we are now hooked!

I am providing a little background on our new addition (Buddha, 5 yr male BCI) before moving on to a couple of questions (sorry for the lengthy thread).

I'm yet another handler with a potential RI with my new male BCI. It's Sunday and there are no vet clinics open until tomorrow, however, I wanted to get other opinions regarding my new boa (Buddha). We just picked him up this past Friday from a girl who needed to re home her snakes due to moving. She told us that he loves to be out of his enclosure, he's very friendly and don't worry about waiting 2 weeks to feed or bathe him (she suggested we feed him the following day since he hasn't eaten in a month). When we tried feeding him yesterday (he eats colossal f/t rat) he just snuggled up to it and rested. Apparently Buddha is very friendly with other animals and would occasionally sleep with her cat.

We brought his current enclosure with us to our home so at least he has something familiar. This enclosure is much too small for him (his previous owner said she had sold his original enclosure and was keeping him in the current one for now). My husband is in the process of building an enclosure (7.5ft X 18" wide X 2.5ft high) but will most likely not be finished until the end of this week. Because the previous owner needed Buddha gone immediately, we took him with the expectation of keeping him in his temporary enclosure for the next week. Oh his temporary enclosure is 3ft X 18" wide X 15" high. Buddha himself is is just shy of 6ft so he is pretty snug in his enclosure. The temp is 85 - 90f and humidity is 50 - 60%. All we have in there is a home made hide (Rubbermaid) and water, the substrate is aspen.

We have noticed Buddha opening his mouth periodically. At first we thought he was hissing but then realized he was exhaling. Sometimes he would open his mouth just a bit and sometimes much wider. We took him out of his enclosure and brought him into our family room to let him stretch out, as well as examine him (I've attached a link to you tube to view him opening his mouth). My husband looked in his mouth and there is no mucous, his mouth is normal.

I would like to hear a few opinions on whether it may be a RI or could it be that we just stressed the heck out of the poor guy? Is he okay in his temporary enclosure for another 5-6 days? Could this be contributing to a possible RI?

He is so different from our BP who had adjusted nicely, loves to explore at night and had eaten pretty much as soon as we first brought her home.

Here re is the video link: http://youtu.be/nR6zxVWZUh4

Any thoughts?

thanks everyone