Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,576

2 members and 1,574 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    ok i already know about the thermometer i am getting a digital on tuesday but anything else i should do also how much is astroturf because i really doubt it is 1 and change for any size. thnx(this is a 29 gal tank how long will this tank size last)

day vision

night vision
    Brian
    1.0 ball python-Reeses(u know the candy)
    0.1 sumatran blood python-shai (i miss you)
    1.0 JCP- spaz

Thanks
    looks good, maybe a little crowded, but still good.Its not like they need TONS of room to move around, i have that same water bowl in my 39 gal,how big/long is your snake ?
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake

Thanks
    29gal...hmm... 30 is the minimal for an adult BP so i imagine you could be set for life but you should still upgrade, just to like a 40gal or something, but not until your BP gets full grown. astroturf for me at home depot, the cheap stuff, is $7.50 for a 6x3 piece
    ~Jason~

0.1 BCI-Adrian
    1.0 Burm-Homer
    1.0 Tiger Retic-Buster
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "If you give up before you try, then you never really wanted it in the first place."
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v708/BCImperator11/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Remember to have a hot/cool hide; I keep my dishes in the middle of the tank so that the heatlamp can hit them and increase humidity in the tank. It does look a little crowded, but it's not a huge deal; what's the blue box in the middle of the tank?
    I like that background, btw.
    0.1 Ball -Ruby-
    0.1 Viper Boa -Vash-
    ....and lots and lots of feeder mousies.....

Banned
    Thanks
    I personally would go to Walmart and buy an Acurite Digital Thermometer.
    The air and ground temperatures are different in the tank.
    Also digital seems to be more accurate in my opinion.

Thanks
    Looks fine to me, with 3 hides in the tank he can certainly choose what temp he wants.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Do you have a human heating pad under that big booger? If not, get yourself to WalMart. If so, good job. Also, you might want to invest in some smaller, more secure hides. If the BP you're getting is a baby, it will definately not feel secure in such big hides. While you're at WalMart, you can also pick up some clay pot BOTTOMS or the plastic pot bottoms. Babies love those since they are small and low to the ground. You can set the bigger hides aside until he/she gets bigger.

And since you have a tank, you will have humidity problems. Cover the screen top with some contact paper and you should be set with that. And to help with temperature fluctuations, also invest in a thermostat so it can control the temps in your tank so they don't get too hot/too cold.

And definately have one hide on the warm end, and one hide on the cool end, so they don't have to compete with thermoregulating and being secure. Also, if you're planning on using that light at night, it's not too good of an idea. It will definately stress the snake out since it's not a night bulb. Try a red bulb, not a red party bulb, but a bulb made with red glass. Local pet store should have them.

Another thing about the bulb, is that log tall enough to where, if he climbs on it, he can reach the screen? If so, he can possibly burn himself, and anyone should know burns aren't fun. Maybe try cutting a piece of it off so it's not so tall, ot laying it on its side?

Other than all of that, I think it's a nice sized tank and should last you a little while. Just be sure it's set up correctly and getting the right temps and holding humidity before you put your little guy in there. It will be for the better so you won't have to keep tweaking the tank while he's in there and risk stressing him out. Good luck getting it all set up and ready for him. Just make sure you get that digital thermo/hygro in there BEFORE you put the snake in there. It will save you lots of trouble.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks
    ohh and i see that you have your light in the middle of the tank rather than on one end, i would move it to one side to create a warm side and let the other one be the cool side.
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake

Thanks
    thnx u guys. for those who mis understood the post i have had my bp for almost 2 weeks now also he is 2 months old and for those that wanted a size here is a pic

and don't mind the church clothes lol. also some one said 7.25$ for 6X4 is that feet or inches(plz let that be feet) oh yeah and uh i read in the do it ur self u could use a cereal box and that big blue box( his hide) is the same size as a standard cereal box but i will change it if i must. anything else? oh yeah and i getting the digital thermometer this tuesday or wednsday so i am monitoring his actions until then.
    Brian
    1.0 ball python-Reeses(u know the candy)
    0.1 sumatran blood python-shai (i miss you)
    1.0 JCP- spaz

Thanks
    Unfotunately, I'd say to ditch that enclosure altogether and get something that is not as tall. That would be good for a semi-arboreal species, but ball pythons are terrestrial, meaning that they need more ground space that air space. Not to mention, I doubt that heat lamp is giving you any temperature gradient at all, meaning it should be warm on one side and cool on the other. Here's what I'm talking about:

-Brad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast