Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,016

1 members and 3,015 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Threaded View

Thanks

Thumbs up

This worked for me And I'm sooo happy
    Here's Ianto's story, if anyone is interested:
    Ianto is my garbage disposal of a lemon pastel; he came to me on 8/1/2013 at 380g and commenced eating(all on F/T). On 12/30/13, he weighed in empty at 984g. He had a small rat on 1/1 and 1/8, and started refusing on 1/15. On the first refusal I just thought he's going into shed because he's one that won't eat in shed, so I brushed it off and tried again on 1/22. No luck, and none again on 1/29, and no signs of shed in sight. He was acting like he was going to eat, coiling up and s-ing his neck and getting really close with his tongue flicking like crazy, but then he would just freeze for 1-5 minutes and then scoot backwards away from it and go back under his hide. I started to think maybe it was something to do with the rats so I offered one to my Pewter male who slammed it. Since it wasn't that, I though maybe he was just being a moody male during breeding season. I started offering weaned instead, hoping maybe a smaller rat would entice him but to no avail. Tried weaned on 2/15 and 3/5; no eating but still with the same behavior. Switched down to pups on 4/6 and 4/21 and still no luck. I weighed him on 4/23 at 908g, and went looking for some way to get him eating again. That's when I found this; seemed like pretty sound advice and decided to give it a shot. He got a new tub/water bowl/hides and was moved all on the same day(4/25); I have two four slot racks right next to each other and he was moved from the very top slot in the left one(where he's always been) to the very bottom slot in the right one. I offered a pup last night and he hit it so hard and so fast I nearly jumped out of my own skin! I don't know if he'll eat again next week but I'm just so happy my sweet boy finally has some food in his belly again. Thank you so much for this thread

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RoyalRose For This Useful Post:

Lady mkrj58 (10-13-2015)