Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,076

0 members and 3,076 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    I am thinking about getting a pair of Red tails but I was also thinking about getting a pair of African rock pytons which should I get? Can anyone give me any advice? Also can Red Tails live together? These are babys that I am thinking about getting 12" - 16"

Thanks
    Well that all depends on how big of a snake you think you can handle. A BCI typically doesnt get much longer than 9 feet depending on sex ( females being typically larger ). Afrocks, on the other hand, have the potential to get over 20 ft and over 200lbs and generally have a much nastier disposition. BCI's have a much nicer disposition and dont require such a big enclosure.

As far as two snakes living together, its a bad idea in my opinion. You have no way of telling which snake poo'd, if you get two males in the same cage you can have fighting and potential death, and if you have a male and a female you can end up with unwanted babies. My rule of thumb is .. two snakes = two enclosures. You dont have to worry about sharing potential diseases, and competition over food/living space with two seperate enclosures.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    Thanks, So I will just prolly get a Red Tail. But I was also wondering about Burmese pythons. Also is there any big difference between Colombian Red Tail, Bolivian Red Tail, Suriname Red Tail and Guyana Red Tail. The only difference I noticed was their prices. If any can help me on that it would be great also!

Thanks

is this ok....?

Bolivian, Suriname, and Guyanan are what are called BCC's or true red tails. Columbian's are BCI's which are the ones that stay in the 6-9 feet range. BCC's are larger and tend to be more agressive. They range in the 9-13 feet range.

As for Burms, they are a giant python similar in size to the afrock but generally not as agressive.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    Well I think I might just get a Colombian Red Tail. Because I do want a snake that I can sorta handle and not be afraid of. Also there is this pet store near me that keeps an Afrock and a Burmese and some thing else all in one cage. So I dk. But I really was planning on getting more that one snake so I will prolly end up getting to red tails or a red tail and a Burmese. The snakes that I will get will be babys only 13" - 17". I am prolly going to put them in a 55 gallon that I have my balls in right now because I have a new setup for my balls. Thanks for all your help!

Thanks
    Before you go and put two snakes in a cage together .. please read this sticky: http://www.ball-pythons.net/index.ph...ewtopic&t=1771 .

Make sure you look at the link in the very last post. This is definitely the reason i wouldnt keep two of any snakes in a cage together.
    - Carson

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2 snakes + 1 cage = big trouble
    - Emily

Thanks
    No NO NO NO, Im sorry I typed that wrong, I didnt mean I was going to put the two in the same tank together. I have my Bps in the same tank together and thats only because they have been together since babys. So i figured that Im not going to split them up. because they have been together for 4 years now. The RTB will get his own tank and so will they Burmese.

Thanks
    Ok man .. sorry to get so antsy. I was just making sure you had all the info you could before you got your new guys/girls. You might wanna consider splitting up the bp's tho ( just my opinion ). Good luck with them!
    - Carson

Thanks
    Holy ****! Those pictures of the Boa eating the BP made me sick. I felt bad for the BP. I totally understand where you are coming from. Don't worry I am going to split my BPs up I got a new setup already I can just put together another one. Ill just give everyone their own space. I just cant wait to get my new babys. Sorry, bout the whole thing with saying that I am right about my snakes or whatever. I only have experinece with my Tarantulas and even with those Im not an expert. I hope to learn from my new babys also. Thanks for everones input!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast