Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,074

3 members and 3,071 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

what do you guys think????????

this picture was taken of AK a week after we got our boy on december 29th is when it was takenMG][/IMG]This photo was taken lastnight [IMG][/IMG] what do you guys think I think he looks much healthier and he has grown quit a bit but my boyfriend says no also wighed him last night he is now at 196 grams hes dark right now getting ready to start shedding also sorry my first time posting pictures on a thread so may look a little funny
    AKs keeper

Thanks
    lookin good
    Nothing

Thanks

Re: what do you guys think????????

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybugzcrunch View Post
    lookin good
    Thankyou we have we have worked our butt of to help this guy gain some weight also just realized a few mins ago when I went to get him out he is completly blue well his first shed was horrible I mean he had stuck shed and everything well now I have a repti fogger to keep humidity up but have heard it needs to be at 40 to 50 for shed then heard 60 to 70 as of right now his humidity is at 62 what is the correct answer wana make this a good shed for him and as stress free as I can
    AKs keeper

Thanks
    Well, as a new BP owner, let me tell you what we have experienced and done. When we adopted Matilda, she had just gone through a shed that was like confetti every where and stuck as well! We upped her humidity to 50% for a couple of week and worked through the stuck shed. Then we kept the humidity between 30 and 50% percent. When her eyes went blue and we knew she was in shed again, we upped her humidity to 70% (minimum) for the rest of her shed cycle (about a week). I simply thought it was soggy in her container, but we kept it going. She had a PERFECT shed. I mean, you can see the upper and lower jaw on the shed!!! So, I would think if you simply up your snakes humidity while they are shedding, it should be fine. I also discovered that we were able to maintain humidity levels (and clean easier) when we switched our substrate to paper towels. I really hope this helps and good luck with the shed!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akskeeper View Post
    Thankyou we have we have worked our butt of to help this guy gain some weight also just realized a few mins ago when I went to get him out he is completly blue well his first shed was horrible I mean he had stuck shed and everything well now I have a repti fogger to keep humidity up but have heard it needs to be at 40 to 50 for shed then heard 60 to 70 as of right now his humidity is at 62 what is the correct answer wana make this a good shed for him and as stress free as I can

humidity in tanks is a pain, the reptifogger will help a lot honestly i don't think you can have too much humidity, this all my opinion but when my guys and girls are about to shed i wet the paper towel in their bins which makes it so humid there bins are covered in condensation (on the inside) so that would be a super high humidity level, perfect shed every time and i haven't noticed any down sides to doing this. also make sure when they are in shed they have a large enough water bowl to chill in where they can completely submerge themselves in water ( i use water dishes for dogs ) they will coil up in there waterdish and soak which will help a ton in getting that perfect shed. idk how others do it but in 2 years of having 6 BP's iv only ever had one not perfect shed using these methods, hope it helps.

i also see you have real wood in your tank, which is fine just keep an eye out for mold when your upping your humidity that high. heat lamp + high humidity and porous wood could cause mold, if it does just bleach the piece of wood that got mold on it with some watered down bleach and let it air out for a few days.
    Last edited by jfaria1891; 02-11-2014 at 02:28 AM.
    1.0 Pastel "Daddy"
    0.1 Spider "Spidder"
    0.1 Normals "Momma"
    0.1 Pastel "Precious"
    1.0 LesserBee "Zero"

I'm happy to announce Skinny the rescue has been brought back to full health and re-homed to a good family

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akskeeper View Post
    May want to bump up to 70 minimum. You may think it's too much but it's perfect for shedding. I have 4 normal balls all shed fine.
    Ball Pythons
    0.1 BumbleBee - Lilith
    0.1 GHI - Enigma
    1.0 Mojave - Mocha

Caribbean Association of Reptile Keepers
    www.caribbeanark.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peoples View Post
    May want to bump up to 70 minimum. You may think it's too much but it's perfect for shedding. I have 4 normal balls all shed fine.
    Thanx everyone I came home from work at 9 tonight and had a full shed im amazed lol but now time to get him out and clean his cage out figured perfect time to do a scrub down
    AKs keeper