Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,466

2 members and 1,464 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: may i.....

Thanks
    I wanted to see some pic on how some of you have your tanks set up for your snakes (preferrably bp's)

I'm gonna go tomorrow to get all the supplies and make sure i get all the temps right.

If you could post some pics you have, or even links to another forum with your picks....it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    hey BPnewbie... heres 2 pics of my tank. i got everything from Petco, except the flower pots (lying around the house) and the temperature things, which i got from wal mart for about 13 bucks each. one of the temp things is inside the tank to measure humidity, and the other is on the outside. the stuff that i use for substrate is Reptile Bark. hope this helps!!

1.1 bps- Apollo & Pandora ♥

Thanks
    Heres my setup using an overhead lamp (50w zoomed night bulb 24/7) with bark substrate. The top is also covered with plastic wrap and duct tape with venting holes, keeps the humidity pretty nicely.

I also use an air exchange for shed times. I've had pretty good results with this.

However, Amber is outgrowing the 20 long very quickly. I am currently on the wait list for an animal plastics cage, said to be available in 3-4 weeks. Hopefully she won't be so cramped for long.
    -Brad

Thanks
    awwww your bearded dragon is cute!!

Thanks
    Thanks, Emo is a character and a half. Since he moved in, its HIS room. Whenever I'm in there, he'll run from side to side of the cage scratching at the glass (like in the above pic) until I come over and let him run around the room. Sometimes I'll scatter wax worms or supers across the room for some extra "hunting" stimulation. And that pic also sums up Amber's life- hmm warm side or cool side? I caught her en route to the warm side in that pic.
    -Brad

Thanks
    lol. yeah in my pic, i had just turned off the lamp cuz i was goin to bed, and Pandora was chillin in her cool spot. she loves that little pot, although it seems way too small for her! its amazing how tight balls can get when they're all curled up!

Thanks
    They like small spaces. When I finally replaced her old warm hide, it was actually not even sitting on the ground anymore, she had lifted it up to squeeze herself into to. Now she's got a little more rooms to wiggle in the large cave.
    -Brad