Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,960

0 members and 2,960 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

I really question the intelligence of dogs at times...

I really have to question the intelligence of my malamute... constantly. He's supposed to be one of the smartest dog breeds. Maybe he's defective? I wonder what the return policy is for defective malamutes...

Anyway, Ruuqo (who is 10 months old and potty trained) just pooped on the floor and before we found it (we were putting together the new DCN for the ferrets), Ruuqo ate it... and then came in the room we were in and threw it all up... and then proceeded to try to eat it again before we stopped him..

Ugh.. I'm so disgusted!
    1 Husband, 1 Western Hognose Snake (male), 2 ferrets (2 females), 1 male jungle leopard gecko, 4 gerbils (2 females & 2 males), 1 male dwarf rabbit, 3 guinea pigs (1 male, 1 female and 1 female skinny pig), 2 American parakeets, 2 cats (male bobcat hybrid and a male Egyptian Mau mix), and 2 dogs (female Mini Dachshund and a female Alaskan Malamute).

Thanks
    Eat poo to hide shame for going to bathroom on floor. throw up and eat that once more to try and hide doing it. Sounds like the owner is the defective one.

Thanks
    Erm... Excuse me?
    1 Husband, 1 Western Hognose Snake (male), 2 ferrets (2 females), 1 male jungle leopard gecko, 4 gerbils (2 females & 2 males), 1 male dwarf rabbit, 3 guinea pigs (1 male, 1 female and 1 female skinny pig), 2 American parakeets, 2 cats (male bobcat hybrid and a male Egyptian Mau mix), and 2 dogs (female Mini Dachshund and a female Alaskan Malamute).

Thanks

Re: I really question the intelligence of dogs at times...

Maybe the food is defective.

Sent from my rack.

Thanks

Re: I really question the intelligence of dogs at times...

Quote Originally Posted by fishdip View Post
    eat poo to hide shame for going to bathroom on floor. Throw up and eat that once more to try and hide doing it. Sounds like the owner is the defective one.

dammmmm!!!!
    1.1 het pied ,1.1 pastel,1. butter, .1 spider , .1 fire ph ghost , .1 pastave

Thanks
    Anyone else who is wanting to say any rude comments take them elsewhere. Obviously you don't have enough sense to recognize a joke.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Awaiting Abyss For This Useful Post:

steve_r34 (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    I thought your story was hysterical, because even my lab, who was ridiculously smart, would oftentimes do the same sorts of things. While he never ate poop (the thought of that makes me gag!) he would oftentimes eat his dinner so fast, he'd get sick, and go right on eating as if nothing had happened…. Aren't animals a joy?

Hope you like the DCN. They make some awesome stuff!
    -Shann

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    One of my dogs is a malamute mix, and though she doesn't act quite like that, she is horribly stubborn! She KNOWS what she's supposed to do, but she just gives me that "Make me" look and does exactly what she's not supposed to. Rotten sometimes.

How vocal is yours? My dog is so vocal. She talks all the time. Not a bark, but that "baying-howl" kind of sound (I don't know what the vocalization is actually called). And all kinds of growls, groans, and other sounds.
    Why keep a snake? Why keep any animal? Because you enjoy the animal, find something beautiful and fascinating about it, and it fits seamlessly into your lifestyle.

Thanks
    He's very stubborn and vocal. He never barks but he makes the howls and groans and such like you describe.
    He loves poop... He used to constantly get kitty poo out of the litterbox before we got one of those top entrance litterboxes to prevent that. And he and my chihuahua both love eating the rat poo from around the DCN that the rats are in.

As for the new DCN, several pieces were broken so I contacted Midwest about it. So now I have to wait for the parts to come.

Thanks
    I'm by no means a doggy expert, but I thought I saw somewhere eating their poo is a sign of poor nutrition in their food. Maybe something to look into oh btw, EWWY lol
    ~My Crew~
    "Darigan" Dinker, "Mandark" Mojave, "Daedra" Lesser ph Ghost, "Voodoo" Black Pastel Ghost, "Astoria" Calibee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast