Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 566

0 members and 566 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Looking for input from ETB keepers.

I will be receiving in late April/early May, a pair of Emerald Tree Boas from Guyana.
    These are farmed animals but, will be treated essentially as WC specimens. i.e. treated for parasites and mites at intake along with the extended quarantine.
    I am in the process of setting up enclosures in anticipation of their arrival and am interested in any tips other keepers of northern ETB's may have from getting juveniles to feed to set-up advice.
    I've already done research but, decided that 1st hand experiences might come in handy if the info in research doesn't work for me.
    If anyone can import a goofy snake that ignores what we think we know about them I am likely that person. Murphy's Law seems to apply doubly to me at times.

Thanks

Re: Looking for input from ETB keepers.

Over 100 views and not a single keeper of Northern ETB's.
    Well it looks like I'll be using this thread in a few months to document my experiences for the benefit of others thinking of jumping into this species.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Raven01 For This Useful Post:

Megg (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Hello world I have a emerald tree boa been having him for about 1 month and a half he's about 10-12 month old (what" backwaterreptiles.com" says) got him from them. He's very dócil he's kept at 80f day and about 76F night time humidity is always between 70% and 85%. I'm worried I think he's too skinny has some wrinkles while he perchs and you can see his spine and maybe a bit of his ribs he pooped 2 times a week in between poops then fed him a small live mouse and after about 10 days pooped again now it's been about 3 weeks and a half since he ate and he does not want to eat.i failed to feed him f/t several times as well as live mouse with no success either he avoids the meal by going away which is more frequently for him to do or he flicks his tongue follows the meal but no succes he don't eat help please he doesn't make noise when breathing,no mucus,no bubbles in nose not breathing thru mouth so I don't think it's a respiratorial infection. i need information about this topic any type of help will be extremly appreciated thank you. Will post pictures. I need info people!!.