Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,326

2 members and 1,324 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Pastel Female Ball Python

This is from when she was born:

This is what she looks like now (thie pictures is washed out a little)

She's browned out a bit, which is normal, but her reduced pattern really makes me happy considering neither the dame nor the sire look like her. (She's probably medium grade, but I'd love to see her with a lesser or a butter... with a super reduced pattern, no saddles and lots of fading.) Her yellows have actually brightened a bit over time as well.

Dame: http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...2/IMG_3088.jpg (lllreptile who got them from a local breeder)
    Sire: http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...2/IMG_3165.jpg (Graziani I was told upon sale.) (I pay attention to where I get the animals to try to reduce breeding issues in the future. 'cause I don't believe that snakes or any other animal is less suceptible to birth defects, etc.)

The Dame is a normal, but has this intense yellow blushing along the sides belly that tends to make the pastels look better and brighten them compared to their lower grade father. (Also the mother has head blushing that's fairly intense, which you can see the influence of in the hatchling picture.) (Both traits I like in the mother have shown up over and over again, so I guess it's dominant.):
    http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...2/IMG_3077.jpg

Her brother browned out a lot faster. (But he's a ferocious eater. He'll overeat if you let him and he gets overexcited when he thinks it's feeding time. =P The whole: What? Ball pythons don't eat? Why? Applies to him.)

The other siblings which I've sold also tend to have black spots in the middle of the dorsal spots along the back.

No one wants her locally, so I'll probably raise her to adulthood (She's 2). Her sister clutchmate normals sold really quickly. I got an offer for her, but they wanted 50 dollars for her AND her pastel brother and her normal half brother clutchmate. (That's a hell no)

She's got a personality closer to her mother. Does not want to go back when you try to put her back, likes to hang out, not very head shy, and a spot-on consistent eater no matter the situation. (Both my male breeders tend to go on and off feed). Her mother is more eccentric though.
    Last edited by GoldSheep; 02-02-2014 at 02:37 PM.