Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,334

2 members and 3,332 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Hot

Thanks

Texas Coral, Micrurus tener.
    Ball Pythons:
    1.0 Hypo Clown; 1.0 Enchi Freeway; 0.1 Ivory pos. pastel, super pastel, butter (Penelope); 0.1 Hypo Chocolate GHI Pastel pos Vanilla (Smokey); 0.1 YB pied; 0.1 enchi YB/asphalt; 0.1 VPI Axanthic (Special Cookies); 0.1 Albino pos YB; 0.1 Hypo Clown; 0.1 Hypo Spinner
    Colubrids:
    1.0 Coachwhip; 1.0 Lavender ph hypo hoggie; 0.1 het hypo ph lavender hoggie (Fingermuncher)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to smalltimeballz For This Useful Post:

Pyrate81 (04-18-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,311 Times in 1,063 Posts

Re: My Hot

Glad you posted, this might be the first time seeing this thread.

You have a nice and pretty collection going. That coral is so shiny. Ty for posting.
    -Yar

1.0.0 Albino Black Rat snake(Wafer)
    0.0.1 California King snake(Oreo)
    0.0.1 African Housesnake(Cupcake)
    0.0.1 Honduran Milk snake(Blackjack)
    0.0.2 Normal BP(Petey; Twix)
    0.0.1 Yellow Rat Snake(Dijon)
    0.0.1 Madagascar Speckled Hognose(Granola)[RIP]
    1.0.0 Albino Nelson's Milk snake(Candy Cane)
    1.0.0 Lesser BP(Creme Brulee)
    1.0.0 Mojo BP(Brownie)
    0.1.0 Black Motley Corn snake(Anisette)
    0.0.1 Pueblan Milk snake[Fostering, Taco Grande]
    0.1.0 West African Mud Turtle(Bulger)
    0.2.0 Red Eared Slider(Squirtle, Turtwig)
    1.0.0 Rat Terrorier(Ranger)

Thanks
    Awesome looking coral snake.

I love corals but they are quite difficult to keep alive and almost impossible to breed in captivity.

How long have you been keeping her? What conditions? What is she feeding on?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Najakeeper View Post

I love corals but they are quite difficult to keep alive and almost impossible to breed in captivity.

I've only had her a couple of days (she was saved from some cats) and am giving her time to settle in. Then I'm going to offer her live ground snakes. I have her in 4" of cypress with a hide on top as well as under, misting as needed. And I keep her at room temperature (75°f or so degrees) as corals prefer cooler temps. So far its looking well. If she won't feed, I'll donate her to a local venom lab.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Najakeeper View Post

I've only had her a couple of days (she was saved from some cats) and am giving her time to settle in. Then I'm going to offer her live ground snakes. I have her in 4" of cypress with a hide on top as well as under, misting as needed. And I keep her at room temperature (75°f or so degrees) as corals prefer cooler temps. So far its looking well. If she won't feed, I'll donate her to a local venom lab.
    Ball Pythons:
    1.0 Hypo Clown; 1.0 Enchi Freeway; 0.1 Ivory pos. pastel, super pastel, butter (Penelope); 0.1 Hypo Chocolate GHI Pastel pos Vanilla (Smokey); 0.1 YB pied; 0.1 enchi YB/asphalt; 0.1 VPI Axanthic (Special Cookies); 0.1 Albino pos YB; 0.1 Hypo Clown; 0.1 Hypo Spinner
    Colubrids:
    1.0 Coachwhip; 1.0 Lavender ph hypo hoggie; 0.1 het hypo ph lavender hoggie (Fingermuncher)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smalltimeballz View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Snakes should be taken alright if you have them available. I think the biggest problem is ventilation. They cannot handle bad air so try to provide as many open holes as you can. A friend of mine actually installed a computer fan to the cage and was very successful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12