Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 863

3 members and 860 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

When to buy? Also, second tank housing options?

So I got my first ball in November, and I am really hoping to get the ok from the hubby to add another this year, a bumblebee female. I know that throughout the course of the year prices will fluctuate some and I was wondering when are prices generally lower? I am hoping to get another set up by my birthday in April but I don't know for sure if I will add another snake then or if I'm willing to wait longer if I will see some better prices. I sadly live in Oklahoma and there really aren't too many shows (I think there was one or two last year and I never heard about them till it was over). A lot of shows happen in Tulsa but that is over 2 hours away and I would really prefer not driving all that far.

Loki, my first ball, is doing great in his 55 gallon tank but I don't have room in the living room for another 55 gallon. I am trying to decide between the cheaper option of switching him to a 40 gallon breeder and getting a second 40 gallon breeder for the new snake (overall cost about 180) or getting an T8 from AP which when I put in all the stuff I would need (heater/divider etc) would be closer to 300. While I love the idea of having them both in a divided tank, I have a good setup going with heat lamps (yes the humidity stays high enough and the temps do not fluctuate) and I really would prefer to NOT switch to a different heating method which is another reason why I am uncertain about switching to AP. I am not interested in tubs. I have considered making them an enclosure but for some reason I can never get the doors to work out right. I think I just need to be using thicker acrylic but I am wary of buying all the supplies to have it not work out again.

Anyway, sorry for the long post! I thank everyone in advance for your opinions!

Thanks

Re: When to buy? Also, second tank housing options?

You can divde that 55gal in half also. I am looking at building an enclosure for both of mine also. I am thinking of taking the measurements to someone and having them build it because I know im not up to it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomtip View Post
    You can divde that 55gal in half also. I am looking at building an enclosure for both of mine also. I am thinking of taking the measurements to someone and having them build it because I know im not up to it.
    Wouldn't it be cheaper getting an AP T8 or T12? Not quite sure what you're going for.

Sent using Tapatalk
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks

Why not build the second enclosure in the stand of your current 55?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ericslearning For This Useful Post:

Phantomtip (01-24-2014)