Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,323

0 members and 3,323 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

I'm Sad/Proud to say...

My BP has lost his strike. He's so tame now that he simply coiled around the F/T when it accidentally slipped from the tongs and fell onto him. I'm pretty sure if it hadn't slipped, he would've just begun to eat it without even coiling. Has anyone else's BP lost their strike?
    Quote Originally Posted by dkspftw View Post
    My ball pythons, so far as I can tell so far, are idiots. Lovable all the same, but not smart. In fact, my main moral dilemma as a BP keeper is the fact that we have to feed animals that are so smart (rats) to ones that are basically as dumb as logs.

I'm working on a Snake Tracker App! If you have any ideas or suggestions on features, feel free to post them in the Development Thread! I'll also be posting updates on the development of this program in this thread!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,859 Times in 4,779 Posts

Re: I'm Sad/Proud to say...

Not my BP, but today my 18 month old BRB decided not to strike or coil his f/t rat. Granted, he's in shed, which I didn't realize when I thawed his rat. I did the "zombie dance" with the rat, and the BRB just sniffed around the rat until he found the head, and then he opened his mouth and started swallowing.

Thanks
    Hahaha, I'm all for having a fierce little snake, but come on. No fight left to at least strike? :[

I was laughing all the while he was sniffing up that rat. And then it slipped and he was like oh snap! I guess I have to get used to having a puppy dog tame snake now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkspftw View Post
    My ball pythons, so far as I can tell so far, are idiots. Lovable all the same, but not smart. In fact, my main moral dilemma as a BP keeper is the fact that we have to feed animals that are so smart (rats) to ones that are basically as dumb as logs.

I'm working on a Snake Tracker App! If you have any ideas or suggestions on features, feel free to post them in the Development Thread! I'll also be posting updates on the development of this program in this thread!