Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,777

0 members and 2,777 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Non digested mouse? Help!

So the store I went to only had 2 small fuzzy mice. I fed my snake on Saturday. I fed my snake one mouse and he ate it right up, the. I put the other one in his feeding container and he immediately went after it. I can still see the shape of a mouse in his body, close to his tail. This is the first time I've ever seen this. Maybe it normally happens and I don't see it and I just happened to catch it this time? Anyways, can someone tell me if this is normal?? I tried to get some decent photos. I don't want to move him. He seems pretty comfortable in that spot.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts
    He's probably going to poop soon. Sometimes their hiney end looks like a sausage when they're about to do so.
    Nothing to worry about.

Fuzzy mice also sounds really small for a ball python. I would feed something a little larger.
    Last edited by satomi325; 01-20-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks
    ... That, is a poop.

If there is a bulge near the cloaca it is most likely a poop waiting to happen!
    Unless of course you mean s/he ate and you saw this within the same day/couple of hours... in which case, I don't have a clue. If our snake hasn't pooped in awhile there could be a bit of a backup and a lot coming out. Especially since you fed two meals, well... twice the surprise!
    If it's been about 2+ days, expect a load
    Last edited by NH93; 01-20-2014 at 04:27 PM.
    Don't let anyone, ever, make you feel like you don't deserve what you want. - Heath Ledger

Thanks

Re: Non digested mouse? Help!

Quote Originally Posted by satomi325 View Post
    He's probably going to poop soon. Sometimes their hiney end looks like a sausage when they're about to do so.
    Nothing to worry about.

Fuzzy mice also sounds really small for a ball python. I would feed something a little larger.
    Quote Originally Posted by NH93 View Post
    ... That, is a poop.

If there is a bulge near the cloaca it is most likely a poop waiting to happen!
    Unless of course you mean s/he ate and you saw this within the same day/couple of hours... in which case, I don't have a clue. If our snake hasn't pooped in awhile there could be a bit of a backup and a lot coming out. Especially since you fed two meals, well... twice the surprise!
    If it's been about 2+ days, expect a load
    Oh ok! Yeah I had never seen this before but my snake is probably the most shy ball ever so he hides all the time lol. Well, good to know its nothing bad! He's not a fully grown ball, the breeder lost the paper with all the birth dates of his normal balls so I'm unsure of how old he is... I'll look for something a bit larger though! The thickest part of his body is maybe a rad but larger than a gold dollar. thank y'all for the info!
    Using Tapatalk