Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,915

1 members and 2,914 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Long time no poop

Hi,
    I've searched and found several similar posts that have reassured me for a while, but it's now come to a point where I'm a bit worried, so I thought I'd ask for opinions.

Case in point, one of my BPs hasn't defecated for 3 months now.
    He looks healthy and is growing like a weed. He also happens to be my best eater, never missing a meal.

He has defecated a few times before, but he started his dry spell back in October. Back then, he tipped the scales at 100 grams. Now he's at 340 grams. During this period, he has shed once (but no defecation)

Temps and humidity are correct. He doesn't look distressed. He eats every 6 days like clockwork. Over this period, he has eaten 6 rat fuzzies, 7 rat pups, and 1 rat weanling. A total of 14 meals without defecating!

I recently gave him a lukewarm bath to see if it would help, but nothing yet.

My plan is to wait until his next shed, and if he doesn't poop then, take him to a vet. Just wanted to hear other opinions and if you've ever had your animals go through such a long dry spell.

Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Thanks
    Love the title of this thread.

I have heard of this happening before, actually. Pythons only pooping once a season - although I do think the python in question was a bit older/larger.
    Do you feed on the slightly smaller side of things?
    In the 4 months that I've had my BP, I've only found solid poop twice... like I said, that I've actually found. I bet there's some that I've missed.

Personally I don't think it's an issue, unless you see or feel any bumps that aren't typical of feeding. You could always take your snake to a vet for a check up to make sure, but I have a feeling they would tell you to do that things you've already done.

Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in here, too.

Best of luck!
    Don't let anyone, ever, make you feel like you don't deserve what you want. - Heath Ledger

Thanks

Re: Long time no poop

Thanks. Also, just realized this is under the wrong section.
    Sorry about that. Can someone move it over to the General BP section?

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4