Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,095

1 members and 3,094 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

I'm scared about expo

Ok the tinley park reptile expo in Illinois is gonna be the first one and idk what to do I'm bouncing off the walls. Should I buy an online ticket I'm only 15 so I wouldn't be buying it but that means if I do that that my mom would have to come to show her recite in her email. How many people are allowed in are there tickets you can but in person like after quite a few have gotten then or are they limited I want to go but I'm scared about not having a ticket our that or if my mom buys it she doesn't come I wasted money cause they won't believe me or will they I'd I show the recite?! Please help me I'm just idk please help

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts
    I'm pretty sure you could just take a printed copy of the email, but this will be my first Tinley show, too. Try emailing the event coordinators and just ask them (contact info probably on the website).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks

Re: I'm scared about expo

I'm just Idk lol I'm bouncing off the walls right now, because of this and I got a killer deal on this cracked 55g out more tank

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodborn25 View Post
    I'm just Idk lol I'm bouncing off the walls right now, because of this and I got a killer deal on this cracked 55g or more tank it is $30 just tank or $40 with food and water fish and light bar

Thanks
    Do you have to be a certain age to go in alone? It sounds like you would be going alone just from what you are saying.
    You could always go early and buy tickets at the door, I'm sure. Have you checked the website for ticket info?
    If there's not a tonne, I agree with the previous poster about emailing ahead of time.

I would just buy the tickets online though, if you are that concerned, and print them off (again, as already suggested).

Make sure that there are no sharp edges around that crack - on the inside! If there are you could take hot glue and glue off the crack. You could also use some kind of cocking or silicone, but that would need to be aired out for quite some time so the smell does not bother the reptile.

What are you planning to put in there, anyway?
    I hope you have a fun time!
    Shows are the best. Make sure to really check out whatever animal you intend to buy, and ASK QUESTIONS! Do not be afraid to ask many questions before you buy! If some ones you think are important can't be answers (such as age, sex, morph, etc.), pass. It can be difficult to pass up some good ones, but it is best to know what you are getting!
    Last edited by NH93; 01-19-2014 at 10:30 PM.
    Don't let anyone, ever, make you feel like you don't deserve what you want. - Heath Ledger

Thanks
    My advice is to go early regardless. We were some of the first people there and we found our ball python about the tenth breeder we checked out and bought him right out from under some girl who was "thinking him over". Also, be sure to check your reptile EXTREMELY well for mites. I was a manager at a pet store and had many people come in with animals riddled with mites from expos, and they're extremely annoying to get rid of. Have fun at the show!

Thanks
    My first expo I was a little nerve too especially since I meet Brian from BHB Reptiles. But, reptile shows are really fun and cool. I'm pretty sure their is no age limit because I've seen plenty of people younger than you go to expos by themselves.
    Reptiles
    5.0 Normal Ball Python (Ares, Poseidon, Hermes, Zeus,Spots)
    1.0 Striped Blood Corn Snake (Apollo)
    1.0 Lemon Blast BP (Hades)
    0.1 Bumble Bee (Athena)
    0.1 Pastel (Hera)
    1.0 Hypo Leopard Gecko (Jupiter)

Dogs
    1.0 Chihuahua (Peanut)
    0.1 Morkie (Bella)
    0.1 Pitbull (Roxy)

Rodents
    2.0 Chinese Dwarf Hamsters (Bubbles and Nitro)\
    0.1 Normal Chinchilla (Chloe)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Go and have fun. Expos are great! Best way to see large number of beautiful snakes in one place. Also lots of good people to talk to.
    Family:
    0.1 Wife
    3.1 Kids

Balls:
    1.0 Lesser Pied, 1.0 VPI Snow, 1.0 Super Pastel Mojave, 1.1 Albino het VPI Axanthic G-Stripe, 1.0 Albino Black Pastel, 2.2 Triple het VPI Axanthic/Albino/Pied, 1.1 Triple het VPI Axanthic/Albino/G-Stripe, 0.1 Pastel BEL(Mojave/Lesser), 0.1 Sterling Mojave, 0.2 Pied, 0.2 Kingpin het Pied, 0.1 Cinnamon Lesser het Pied, 0.2 Clown, 0.1 Citrus Pewter Calico, 0.1 Pastel Mystic, 0.1 Mystic, 0.2 Cinnapin, 0.1 VPI Axanthic G-Stripe, 0.1 G-Stripe het Albino, 0.1 G-Stripe, 0.1 Pewter, 0.1 Lesser, 0.2 Spider ph Pied, 0.1 Spotnose ph Pied, 0.1 Spinner, 0.1 Black Pastel, 0.1 Normal

Other:
    1.0 Husky
    0.1 Husky/Lab

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NH93 View Post
    Do you have to be a certain age to go in alone? It sounds like you would be going alone just from what you are saying.
    You could always go early and buy tickets at the door, I'm sure. Have you checked the website for ticket info?
    If there's not a tonne, I agree with the previous poster about emailing ahead of time.

I would just buy the tickets online though, if you are that concerned, and print them off (again, as already suggested).

Make sure that there are no sharp edges around that crack - on the inside! If there are you could take hot glue and glue off the crack. You could also use some kind of cocking or silicone, but that would need to be aired out for quite some time so the smell does not bother the reptile.

What are you planning to put in there, anyway?
    I hope you have a fun time!
    Shows are the best. Make sure to really check out whatever animal you intend to buy, and ASK QUESTIONS! Do not be afraid to ask many questions before you buy! If some ones you think are important can't be answers (such as age, sex, morph, etc.), pass. It can be difficult to pass up some good ones, but it is best to know what you are getting!
    Thanks guys I'm be buying then online and printing them just like you said and yes I did look on the site that's why I got worried XD idk what I'll be putting in this tank I've been trYing to figure it out maybe a grow out tank for a baby tegu. I'd love to get AmaZon tree boas and a viper boa a spider an pastel ball later I'll Cray one of my favorite two gene animals can you guys give me some ideas?

0.1.0 normal Ball Python

London, England (Not New England or any American place!!!)
    Thanks
    I would recomend getting what you like the most. BP's are definitely the easiest to look after
    -David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast