Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,478

6 members and 3,472 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Cloud, Colombian BCI

CloudtheBoa if you look into cannon DSLRs the t2 or i think t2i is a really good bang for you buck. Just my opinion from my research when i bought one. The t3 is pretty much the same thing with a few IMO unnecessary auto functions you could live without for a lot more money. Sorry off topic

BPnet Senior Member CloudtheBoa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 620 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyShuttle View Post
    CloudtheBoa if you look into cannon DSLRs the t2 or i think t2i is a really good bang for you buck. Just my opinion from my research when i bought one. The t3 is pretty much the same thing with a few IMO unnecessary auto functions you could live without for a lot more money. Sorry off topic
    Thanks for the info! I heard that the Rebel t3i was the best camera to start out on getting used to lenses and exposure and such for less money than the new models, and there's that auto to fall back onto for beginners as well. I'll take a look at the t2i, though, and hopefully get into a photography class.

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    Thanks for the info on the camera. I need to get a DSLR as well.. I'll just have to save up money for one and start trying to do good photos as a part of my hobby. Interesting that keeping herps seems to cause you to develop other hobbies to go along with it.
    Yeah, the amount of photos I take rose exponentially when I got Cloud. XD I took virtually none before I got him. It really is fun, though, and is a great way to spend time with your animals.

Also, a little update on Cloud. A few weeks ago he officially reached 6ft, so he's growing a whole lot less than he was. It took him 3-4 months to grow this last inch, and he's just now started his next shed. He hasn't shed since I first got him back, and I didn't even realize he was in shed because his belly didn't go pink and he wasn't hanging out in his water dish for the first time in a long while. I'm not going to complain, though. It makes it easier on me - and him - to give him fresh water every day if I don't have to lug the lump out of his dish. But it must have started the day I took the outdoor photos, because he was going dark then, he just didn't have the pink belly yet. His shed should correspond around the time of his next planned meal, since this is Day 4.

You can't see the pink with the sun, but you can see that "wrinkled" appearance their scales get.

Under artificial light, so that the camera could pick up the subtle pinks.

In his enclosure, curled up under his hide, just giving him a quick check, like I usually do. When in shed, I'll take a peek every few days to see how he's coming around and maybe take a few pics. He's very very calm in shed, but if he starts getting grumpy I'll leave him alone except for mixing up his bedding. This way I can just keep close tabs on him.

And a video of him returning to his hide after I mixed up his bedding. Apparently he decided that the entrance wasn't good enough for him.

Going in, taken right before the other one. haha
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpiN4KiQoFE
    8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    1.4 Boa imperator; unnamed '22 hbs
    3.3 Plains garter snakes
    1.2 checkered garter snakes (unnamed)

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")
    1.0 garter snake ('13 albino checkered "Draco")
    1.0 eastern garter ('13 "Demigod)
    0.0.1 ball python ('06 "Bud")

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts
    If you are looking for a DSLR camera, I just bought the Nikon d3200. It has come down a touch in price because the 3300 was just released. B&H Photo has it very reasonably priced right now. I love it. That's all I can say. Love. Not like - Love. It is very easy to use, beginner friendly, and takes some outstanding pictures. None of which I've had the time to upload here of course... lol...

Sorry to get off topic - just wanted to throw that out there.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...mera_With.html
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
    If you are looking for a DSLR camera, I just bought the Nikon d3200. It has come down a touch in price because the 3300 was just released. B&H Photo has it very reasonably priced right now. I love it. That's all I can say. Love. Not like - Love. It is very easy to use, beginner friendly, and takes some outstanding pictures. None of which I've had the time to upload here of course... lol...

Sorry to get off topic - just wanted to throw that out there.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...mera_With.html
    Well, I'm more of a Canon person, but I'll keep an eye out. I'll compare the two and see which one I prefer.

I had Cloud out a few days ago to do his bedding, and decided to get a few pics while I was at it.

Going back into his hide - through the entrance this time.

Last edited by CloudtheBoa; 03-21-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")

Thanks
    I came home and checked up on Cloud since it's been a few days, and I saw a little bit of shed peeking out from his coils.

I moved the top coil over so I could photograph it.

With flash.

Without flash.

In my lap.

I also went ahead and weighed him, and he's now 8lbs even. I have a rabbit thawing out to feed him later tonight, as I'm sure he's hungry!

The tub is a little dirty, because I used it to strain some bedding when I accidentally poured to much water into it. Other than that, it's clean.

3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Love the last picture.
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DooLittle For This Useful Post:

CloudtheBoa (03-27-2014)

Thanks
    Sorry I haven't doing stuff on here lately, but I'll try to do better now.

Cloud has shed once or twice since I last posted, but I've been unable to measure him due to lack of space (this apartment is packed pretty tight). He's on a rotating schedule of 1/2lb rabbits (my father has finally begun breeding so I can get ahold of smaller rabbits now - although I don't much like my father, it's free rabbits) every 4 weeks or a large rat every 2 weeks. I take him out whenever I'm home, and luckily most days are warm enough to take him outside for a short excursion. So, here are some more photos.

I let him crawl in a small tree in the front yard for a bit. The tree branches are really thick, though, so I don't think I'll be letting him climb it again as it's difficult to remove him if I need to.

This is what he looks like in the shade on my camera. Although it's lighter, it shows more of his gray color than the sun pictures do, where he looks more like a light tan color.

Last edited by CloudtheBoa; 06-11-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

Thanks
    So, according to SerpWidgets, he has grown 2 inches since I measured him in March. I wish I could measure him exactly with a tape measure, but I can't unfortunately. :/ Not enough wall space and now no tape measure. There's not much that has changed with him in care or himself, but I do have a few new photos.

Hanging out with me on the bed.

3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

Thanks
    Nice photos, especially the ones outside. I haven't taken my boa outside for pics yet... I want to, but not sure how he'll react. I'm glad that he's growing for you and that you found a source for rabbits. It is likely that I won't ever try feeding rabbits (there aren't many breeders in this area), but it would be great to only feed once every 4 weeks.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    The second to last picture is really nice.

I like it.

He looks good too.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast