Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,149

1 members and 3,148 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Cloud, Colombian BCI

I've been watching this thread for a while and I have to say I love how many pictures you take of your Cloud. Most threads I see only a few photos and that's that because they have many snakes.

I have three and I love taking photos of them every time I can. I recently got a baby boa and I can't wait for him to grow. He's such a tiny worm and I'm starting to love boas more than anything and this thread, along with your enthusiasm is only solidifying that.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

BPnet Senior Member CloudtheBoa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 620 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kilopular View Post
    I've been watching this thread for a while and I have to say I love how many pictures you take of your Cloud. Most threads I see only a few photos and that's that because they have many snakes.

I have three and I love taking photos of them every time I can. I recently got a baby boa and I can't wait for him to grow. He's such a tiny worm and I'm starting to love boas more than anything and this thread, along with your enthusiasm is only solidifying that.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! It's a lot more fun taking photos of a snake that's constantly changing in front of you, which is probably why I've taken more of Cloud than Bud, and why I'm starting to take lots of Draco, too. I think even if I had quite a bit of snakes, I'd still take lots of photos. Maybe not as much of just one, unless it's in cycles. lol

Glad to hear! Cloud's definitely really grown on me, and I want to get another boa constrictor at some point. They really are awesome. I'll make sure to keep posting in this thread as long as I can.
    8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    1.4 Boa imperator; unnamed '22 hbs
    3.3 Plains garter snakes
    1.2 checkered garter snakes (unnamed)

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")
    1.0 garter snake ('13 albino checkered "Draco")
    1.0 eastern garter ('13 "Demigod)
    0.0.1 ball python ('06 "Bud")

Thanks

This makes me even more excited to get a BCI!

Amazing snake.
    I own
    0.1 normal Padme
    1.0 normal (first snake) Cave Johnson
    0.1 het. pied Chell
    1.0 het. pied Wheatley
    1.0 Leopard gecko Muffin (given to me by my little sister, she named it)
    As you can see, I name my snakes after Portal and Star Wars characters.
    Soon (hopefully)
    1.0 pinstripe
    1.0 cornsnake (or 0.1)
    1.0 BCI boa

Thanks
    So I took some photos of Cloud at the door today since it was actually sunny when I was at home.

He's become quite angsty lately, I suppose because of the lack of food. He's not striking/hissing or getting defensive, but he is being quite twitchy in the enclosure and wriggly when I have him out. He's completely empty now and I weighed him at 8lb 4.7oz (3763 grams). His temps have also been dropped as advised.

8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Gio (03-08-2014)

Thanks
    Well, I was able to take outdoor photos today.

3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Gio (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Hey,, he looks good! Whatever you are doing, seems to be OK. Night and day difference from the pics I thought he was overweight in.

Seems he is just a big guy is all.

Nice.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

CloudtheBoa (03-12-2014)

Thanks
    Great pics! I wouldn't dare take pics of my snakes outside... Although they are "legal" in my apartment complex, I'm sure if the neighbors saw them they'd complain and we'd be asked to get rid of them.... Which among other reasons, is why we're house shopping soon..

All that said, wonderful pictures! I really like the one where he's on the tree, great lighting and angles on that one.

What kind of camera do you use, if you don't mind me asking? I have a rinky dink "cool pix" from about 5 years ago and it just doesn't seem to get good colors in pics.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to artgecko For This Useful Post:

CloudtheBoa (03-12-2014)

Thanks
    Unbelievably AWESOME photos!!!! Very much enjoyed looking at all of them! Thanks! Your boy is stunning!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thinkbig317 For This Useful Post:

CloudtheBoa (03-12-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Hey,, he looks good! Whatever you are doing, seems to be OK. Night and day difference from the pics I thought he was overweight in.

Seems he is just a big guy is all.

Nice.
    Thanks! I've dropped his temps, I've been holding off on feeding him, and I've been taking him out about every day. I'll give him the next rabbit either next Friday or the Friday after.

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    Great pics! I wouldn't dare take pics of my snakes outside... Although they are "legal" in my apartment complex, I'm sure if the neighbors saw them they'd complain and we'd be asked to get rid of them.... Which among other reasons, is why we're house shopping soon..

All that said, wonderful pictures! I really like the one where he's on the tree, great lighting and angles on that one.

What kind of camera do you use, if you don't mind me asking? I have a rinky dink "cool pix" from about 5 years ago and it just doesn't seem to get good colors in pics.
    Yeah, we can keep them here, and no one really minds them around here. The only person that didn't like them moved away last year. No one even seems to notice them around here, which is nice. I use a Canon PowerShot A620, and I usually use the auto feature, although I do sometimes experiment on the custom settings. lol I think my father bought it for $400-500 like 7 or 8 years ago, maybe more. I *think* he had it when he first got custody of us, and that was ~7.5 years ago. I would like to get a Canon DSLR at some point, though. I'll have to set aside money for that.
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

Thanks
    Thanks for the info on the camera. I need to get a DSLR as well.. I'll just have to save up money for one and start trying to do good photos as a part of my hobby. Interesting that keeping herps seems to cause you to develop other hobbies to go along with it.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast