Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,219

1 members and 3,218 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member CloudtheBoa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 620 Posts

Re: Cloud, Colombian BCI

Quote Originally Posted by WifeOfSlasher View Post
    Well... Whatever happened, he's HUGE. Haha. Luckily he's a youngin still. You can way slow down his feeding and it won't hurt him one bit. Heck, it would probably help him. Everyone is concerned that he could have a fatty liver I do believe. That's the main issue with power feeding and super fast growth. He is a looker.
    I really hope not, I would feel bad. ;.; Is there a way to get like x-rays to see or something? I wouldn't mind paying if it could put mine and everyone else's minds at rest. And thanks, I think so, too! The best is when he gets a rosy tone to him, but the camera almost never picks it up. >.>

Okay, I have to ask. How big are you? If you are a tiny thing what we are seeing could be way thrown off. My guy looks small compared to me but I am a fluffy woman. Haha
    I am 5'1" and 100-105lbs.
    8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    1.4 Boa imperator; unnamed '22 hbs
    3.3 Plains garter snakes
    1.2 checkered garter snakes (unnamed)

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")
    1.0 garter snake ('13 albino checkered "Draco")
    1.0 eastern garter ('13 "Demigod)
    0.0.1 ball python ('06 "Bud")

Thanks

I know, not the best photo. Haha. Here's my late '11 guy. He's on 12" tiles.

Ange'... A wife and a mom to seven trouble makers

2.1 munchkins , 0.1 cat "Shadow" MIA , 0.1 sun conure "Sunshine", 1.0 normal '10 BP "Julius", and 1.0 BCCxBCI '11 RTB "Ranjan"

~ No one is fancy but we love them none the less ~

Thanks

I know, not the best photo. Haha. Here's my late '11 guy. He's on 12" tiles.

He does look quite a bit smaller. I'm guessing 4 or 5ft?
    8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CloudtheBoa View Post
    I really hope not, I would feel bad. ;.; Is there a way to get like x-rays to see or something? I wouldn't mind paying if it could put mine and everyone else's minds at rest. And thanks, I think so, too! The best is when he gets a rosy tone to him, but the camera almost never picks it up. >.>

I am 5'1" and 100-105lbs.
    Haha. I was starting to wonder. I think you being a tiny thing is throwing us all off. Cloud would not look like that compared to me at 5'9" and fluffy. While he is a good sized dude I'm starting to feel that he's not as big as we were originally thinking especially if some of those weights are done with a couple of feeding under his belt. We always try to weigh after they relieve themselves.

Tests, nah. He's young. I honestly feel that if you back off his feeds a bit and continue allowing him his exercise he'll be just fine.

2.1 munchkins , 0.1 cat "Shadow" MIA , 0.1 sun conure "Sunshine", 1.0 normal '10 BP "Julius", and 1.0 BCCxBCI '11 RTB "Ranjan"

Thanks

I do believe he has crossed over 5' now. He's near impossible to measure. He goes from finger tips, across my shoulders, and to my elbow on the other arm.

Thanks

Haha. I was starting to wonder. I think you being a tiny thing is throwing us all off. Cloud would not look like that compared to me at 5'9" and fluffy. While he is a good sized dude I'm starting to feel that he's not as big as we were originally thinking especially if some of those weights are done with a couple of feeding under his belt. We always try to weigh after they relieve themselves.

Tests, nah. He's young. I honestly feel that if you back off his feeds a bit and continue allowing him his exercise he'll be just fine.
    Alright. *breathes huge sigh of relief* Yeah, I always weigh after they void as well. When he poops, I'll weigh him again, maybe those urates threw it off.

I do believe he has crossed over 5' now. He's near impossible to measure. He goes from finger tips, across my shoulders, and to my elbow on the other arm.
    rofl I'm lucky, my guy is really cooperative. I just put him up against the wall and he flattens out against it, I just really need to hold his head down.
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CloudtheBoa View Post
    Alright. *breathes huge sigh of relief* Yeah, I always weigh after they void as well. When he poops, I'll weigh him again, maybe those urates threw it off.

rofl I'm lucky, my guy is really cooperative. I just put him up against the wall and he flattens out against it, I just really need to hold his head down.
    Mine does his best impression of a BP. He's confused.

Thanks

Mine does his best impression of a BP. He's confused.
    Haha I'd like to see that. lol My ball python doesn't think he's a ball python. Unless he's in a hide, he doesn't curl up, if he gets startled he pushes his head under his belly or just pulls it back.
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

Thanks

He's more than happy to spread out as long as you don't mess with him. He's a lazy bum that likes to wrap around things on he's been out of his enclosure for a couple minutes. His favorite place in the world is curled up on his shelf in the corner on the cool side. I swear he only uses that 10"x48" surface. The rest of the enclosure... What's that? Haha

Thanks

He's more than happy to spread out as long as you don't mess with him. He's a lazy bum that likes to wrap around things on he's been out of his enclosure for a couple minutes. His favorite place in the world is curled up on his shelf in the corner on the cool side. I swear he only uses that 10"x48" surface. The rest of the enclosure... What's that? Haha
    Cloud loves his hides. lol The other enclosure he was in had a branch (which he's now too big for), but he never used it. He was always either in the hot or cool hide, and then just cruising at night. I caught him in the tree a couple of times, but it went mostly unused. If he's not in his hides, he's buried in the substrate. He loves fresh bedding, too, so if it's the day I do a complete substrate change, he'll be buried until it goes through its first cycle and dries out. lol

I do want to still offer climbing stuff for him, but I'm not sure how I'll go about it yet. Once we get a new place and I know we won't be moving sometime soon, I'd like to make a bioactive enclosure. I've been looking at some threads on it, and I feel his enclosure is empty with just the two hides and the water dish and I like the natural look of the bioactive. Just not sure if there's a living plant strong enough to hold him, or if I'll have to get a big branch or something. I don't trust the ball python with the natural environment, I just KNOW he'll trample every plant. The garter would probably enjoy a decent naturalistic enclosure as well.

Some more throwbacks. From last summer and a few from the summer and early fall of 2012.

Threaded through a chair, last summer.

U wat m8?

The look of a snake about to take a dump. I had a few outside poops last summer. He didn't even have a sausage butt, so I was not expecting it. Better in the yard than on me, though. lol

The camera *almost* captured the reddish hue here.

He buried himself, and popped his head up once he felt me walk into the room. Look at that pile of dirt on his head.

3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast