Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,665

3 members and 2,662 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gila Monsters -

Thanks
    Man Id love one of those.... We have them in Utah too, but alas, illegal to own under any circumstance...
    1.0 Green tree python

Thanks
    Interesting green_man .. i didnt come across any laws pertaining to them in Utah. Good info to have.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    Yeah, it took me forever to find laws on herps in Utah. When I did find them I later found that they were outdated. Go figure.

All venomous animals are restricted in Utah.
    1.0 Green tree python

Thanks
    The only laws about venomous reptiles i could find Utah pertained to Sidewinders (Crotlaus cerastes cerastes), Speckled Rattlesnakes (Crotalus mitchellii), Mojave Rattlesnakes (Crotalus scutulatus), and Western Rattlesnakes (Crotalus viridis). Nothing about lizards.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks

cujo first shead with me

(b) Lizards are classified as follows:

(i) Beaded lizard, Helodermatidae Family, (Heloderma horridum) is prohibited for collection, importation, and possession;

(ii) Chuckwalla, Iguanidae Family (Sauromalus) (All species) is prohibited for collection, and controlled for importation and possession;

(iii) Common side-blotched lizard, Phrynosomatidae Family (Uta stansburiana) is noncontrolled for collection, importation and possession, except as provided in Subsection (5);

(iv) Desert iguana, Iguanidae Family (Dipsosaurus dorsalis) is prohibited for collection, and controlled for importation and possession;

(v) Desert night lizard, Xantusiidae Family (Xantusia vigilis) is controlled for collection, importation and possession;

(vi) Gila monster, Helodermatidae Family (Heloderma suspectum) is prohibited for collection, importation and possession;

(vii) Northern sagebrush lizard, Phrynosomatidae Family (Sceloporus graciosus graciosus) is noncontrolled for collection, importation and possession, except as provided in Subsection (5);

(viii) Utah banded gecko, Gekkonidae Family (Coleonyx variegatus utahensis) is controlled for collection, importation and possession;

(ix) Variable (many-lined) skink, Scincidae Family (Eumeces multivirgatus epipleurotus) is controlled for collection, importation and possession; and

(x) Western zebra-tailed lizard, Phrynosomatidae Family (Callisaurus draconoides rhodostictus) is controlled for collection, importation and possession.

(c) Snakes are classified as follows:

(i) Bird Snake, Colubridae Family (Thelotornis) (All species) are prohibited for collection, importation and possession;

(ii) Boomslang, Colubridae Family (Dispholidus typus) is prohibited for collection, importation and possession;

(iii) Burrowing asps, Atractaspidae Family (All species) are prohibited for collection, importation and possession;

(iv) California kingsnake (black and white banded-form), Colubridae Family (Lampropeltis getula californiae) is controlled for collection, and noncontrolled for importation and possession;

(v) Desert glossy snake, Colubridae Family (Arizona elegans eburnata) is controlled for collection, importation and possession;

(vi) Great Plains ratsnake, Colubridae Family (Elaphe guttata emoryi) is controlled for collection, importation and possession;

(vii) Keelback, Colubridae Family (Rhabdophis) (All species) are prohibited for collection, importation and possession;

(viii) Painted desert glossy snake, Colubridae Family (Arizona elegans philipi) is controlled for collection, importation and possession;

(ix) Pit vipers, Viperidae Family (All species, except Crotalus viridis) are prohibited for collection, importation and possession;

(x) Proteroglyphous snakes, Australian spp., cobras, coral snakes, kraits, and their allies, Elapidae Family (All species) are prohibited for collection, importation and possession;

(xi) Smith's (southwestern) black-headed snake, Colubridae Family (Tantilla hobartsmithi) is controlled for collection, importation and possession;

(xii) Smooth greensnake, Colubridae Family (Opheodrys vernalis) is controlled for collection, importation and possession;

(xiii) Sonoran lyresnake, Colubridae Family (Trimorphodon biscutatus lambda) is controlled for collection, importation and possession;

(xiv) Terrestrial gartersnake, Colubridae Family (Thamnophis elegans) is noncontrolled for collection, importation and possession, except as provided in Subsection (5);

(xv) Utah milksnake, Colubridae Family (Lampropeltis triangulum taylori) is prohibited for collection, importation and possession;

(xvi) Utah mountain kingsnake, Colubridae Family (Lampropeltis pyromelana infralabialis) is prohibited for collection, importation and possession;

(xvii) Utah threadsnake (blindsnake), Leptotyphlopidae Family (Leptotyphlops humilis utahensis) is controlled for collection, importation and possession; and

(xviii) Western rattlesnake, Viperidae Family (Crotalus viridis) is controlled for collection, prohibited for importation, and controlled for possession, as provided in Subsection (4).

http://www.rules.utah.gov/publicat/c...7/r657-053.htm
    1.0 Green tree python

Thanks
    We have Mexican Beaded lizards down in New Mexico - they're not as pretty as Gilas, but they're a really exicting find. (I go field herping in my free time ... Roswell is awesome for lizards, rattlesnakes and cool invertebrates.)

Banned
    Thanks
    =0 You live in Roswell, thats awesome.
    Find any crash landed aliens lately?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12