Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 453

0 members and 453 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks
    So, what's your favorite type of cage?
    -BallPython713 8)
    0.0.1 BP (Bernice)

Thanks
    I would've voted tupperware - but don't have a rack system (yet heheh). We've got a mix of both glass and plastic enclosures - and while I really LOVE the ease of maintenance possible with plastic the lack of real transparency leaves a lot to be desired. Recently had to take our AfRock Neph out of a big tupperware and put her in a huge 55 gallon only because the lack of transparency heightened her isolation - and when you opened it she'd give a loud ole hiss as contact (visual if nothing else) with people was lacking. That was a lot of lid to slather with con-tac paper heh. The ease of maintenance gets to be a really huge factor when you move up beyond 10 gal thanks - they become increasingly heavy - the 55 gal i had to prep for Neph weighs nothing less than 80lbs. If you have a single or couple of herps glass may be quite doable with a smidge more diligence - when you have an increased number being able to maintain everything at a level of good husbandry may demand something more manageable.

Now if they could make truly transparent plastics less brittle - or make these awesome Sterelites more transparent . . . . . .

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks
    I'm with Smulkin. Since Tupperware/Rubbermaid/Sterilite wasn't an option, I couldn't vote. I also wish that they'd either make non-brittle (or pre-perforated) acrylic containers or better visibility on the Sterilites, but can't complain since I can read the Acu-Rite's screen just fine through the tub.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Blog Entries
    i'm voting glass aquarium for now, because that's what i have and am used to, but once my bp gets bigger i'll probaby switch to a big rubbermaid/sterilite, mostly because of the cost and weight issues with glass. i wish they would make a totally transparent sterilite too though--it would be sooo much nicer visually.
    - Emily

Thanks
    i would vote Animal plastics but it's not listed.
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks
    Anything under 6 foot I would recomend Plastics even then a little iffy. Smaller snakes depending on the amount you are keeping Racks. And anything larger sturdy wood or melamine it just depends alot on what size herp you are keeping how many and how much you have to spend. So in my current set up sterilite all the way.
    3.1 Bp (Sonny,Jobo,Tippy, & Charlie)
    0.1 Iguana (Jade)
    1.0 Cat (max)
    0.1 Wife (Jonie Extremely understanding and
    supportive)
    2.1 Kids (J.D., Jacob, Donna)
    And last but not least
    1.0 me