Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,126

1 members and 3,125 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Community sevice?

I am in 8th grade but I go to an advanced school so we have to do community service to pass and I would really like to do something with animals. Is there anyone on here that has a facility or a collection of animals that would want meto help take care of them and work with them. This requires nothing from you just that you sign off on the community service paper that I actually did help. I am up for anything and basically know how to do most of it I can clean tubs, spot clean, feed, or anything else I would be asked to do. I am located in North Carolina. Please reply if you are interested and I will give you my contact information. ( I don't know if this was a little weird or not but it is near the end of the school year and I have 0 hours and need 30 and I figure most people on here have a collection and I cant find anywhere else )

Thanks

Re: Community sevice?

Quote Originally Posted by dylanhagler View Post
    I am in 8th grade but I go to an advanced school so we have to do community service to pass and I would really like to do something with animals. Is there anyone on here that has a facility or a collection of animals that would want meto help take care of them and work with them. This requires nothing from you just that you sign off on the community service paper that I actually did help. I am up for anything and basically know how to do most of it I can clean tubs, spot clean, feed, or anything else I would be asked to do. I am located in North Carolina. Please reply if you are interested and I will give you my contact information. ( I don't know if this was a little weird or not but it is near the end of the school year and I have 0 hours and need 30 and I figure most people on here have a collection and I cant find anywhere else )
    Look for zoos, rescues, and animal shelters in the area. It might be difficult to find a place that will let you do the things specified in your post, but it shouldn't be too tough to find a more general program geared toward animals. Big public institutions are a great start, I am a sophomore in high school and I get my community service hours from the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It isn't reptiles, but it is really engaging and fun to learn more about aquatic animals. Another thing to consider is that you might not get the perfect volunteer opportunity from the get-go, but with dedication you can earn greater privileges. Hope this helps, and good luck finding a volunteer opportunity!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,859 Times in 4,779 Posts

http://mobile.kingsnake.com/rescues/state/NC/ is a list of reptile rescues in NC. Most can use another pair of helping hands.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brobertson View Post
    Look for zoos, rescues, and animal shelters in the area. It might be difficult to find a place that will let you do the things specified in your post, but it shouldn't be too tough to find a more general program geared toward animals. Big public institutions are a great start, I am a sophomore in high school and I get my community service hours from the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It isn't reptiles, but it is really engaging and fun to learn more about aquatic animals. Another thing to consider is that you might not get the perfect volunteer opportunity from the get-go, but with dedication you can earn greater privileges. Hope this helps, and good luck finding a volunteer opportunity!
    thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    http://mobile.kingsnake.com/rescues/state/NC/ is a list of reptile rescues in NC. Most can use another pair of helping hands.
    thank you I looked through the list with my dad and he said he will take me to the tar-heel one in mocksville

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    thank you I looked through the list with my dad and he said he will take me to the tar-heel one in mocksville