Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,375

1 members and 1,374 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: may get het clowns,can you tell if there hets?

[QUOTE=Kodieh;2201712]Why is five the magical maximum number?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk[/
    A male can normally breed many females but five is a safe number. I like to stick to 1 make to 5 females

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 920 Posts

[QUOTE=Yamitaifu;2201729]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodieh View Post
    Why is five the magical maximum number?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk[/
    A male can normally breed many females but five is a safe number. I like to stick to 1 make to 5 females

Again, I ask why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thanks

[QUOTE=Kodieh;2201736]
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamitaifu View Post

Again, I ask why?

If a male is bred to too many females he can die of sexual exhaustion or could get an infected hemipenes. Better to not take the chance

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 920 Posts

[QUOTE=Yamitaifu;2201739]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodieh View Post

If a male is bred to too many females he can die of sexual exhaustion or could get an infected hemipenes. Better to not take the chance

With proper breeding techniques, more specifically the resting of males between breeding (if you pair him to more than one female, or to the same female multiple times) there is not a reasonable risk of "sexual exhaustion" or infected hemipene. In fact, the infection would need to come from some where right? Human interaction of a filthy enclosure.

Thanks

It mainly happens to careless people who want to breed a male to as many females as they can. I'm not saying it will happen, but there is a POSSIBILITY of it happening.

Thanks
    as with so many things, there is no clear number, but people like numbers and using their minds they manage to get them.

for example, and these are really examples i make up: someone thinks a healthy and useful scedule is to put a male to a female for 2 days, then give the male 3 days of rest, and then put him to the same or a different female for 2 days, 3 days rest, and so on. now these assumptions have consequences: with 5 females, one male will see each female every 25 days, for 2 days. is that enough for an acceptable fertility rate? how often should each female get to lock with a male to make sure it works? basically you add more assumptions, and you get a number. beyond a certain point it gets unacceptable, because the male would see too many females too often and would get exhausted, or if you give the male the rest time he needs, the females would see the male too rarely, and the gaps get so large that you get too many unfertilized eggs.

that being said, without a clear upper limit, i would say 5 makes a lot of sense.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123