Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,834

2 members and 2,832 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Thanks

Re: Exotic animal ban in Ohio

I donated.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingObeat For This Useful Post:

Flikky (01-03-2014),Rhasputin (12-31-2013)

Thanks
    Some of the animals listed are just absurd. I can understand SOME things like tigers and bears requiring very special permits, but that list includes some reptiles that people should be able to have without 'zoo level' enclosures and vet inspections. And bengal cats are covered under that list..

Thanks

Re: Exotic animal ban in Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Rhasputin View Post
    Some of the animals listed are just absurd. I can understand SOME things like tigers and bears requiring very special permits, but that list includes some reptiles that people should be able to have without 'zoo level' enclosures and vet inspections. And bengal cats are covered under that list..
    I don't think anyone should tell you what you can have and not have
    1.0 Orange Ghost Ball Python
    0.1 100% Anery Boa
    1.0 Abbyline Het Kahl
    1.0 Blood Het Alb Python

6. The Following User Says Thank You to southbay54 For This Useful Post:

Rhasputin (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    this is really outrageous.

in Germany, nothing is banned, but for many species there are minimum keeping requirements, and for other species you need permits. now for species that are endangered, these permits are really hard to get. for species that are not endangered but where you still need permits, the permits are easy to get and inexpensive.

that makes sense. if you have enough money, enough time, enough space, and enough knowledge to care for a species, you can keep it. for a non-endangered species that requires a permit, basically you need to show that you have a proper enclosure and the means to care for the animal.

now for non-venomous snakes, where i live, there is no permit required but there are minimum requirements for the enclosure.

so for ball pythons, the law says: enclosures for up to two animals need to be at least 1 meter x 75 centimeters x 50 centimeters, and they sugest daytime temps of 28-32 degrees centigrade and nighttime temps of 23-26 centigrade, humidity around 60-80%. So, yeah.

the situation in Germany isnt perfect, but at least stuff isnt banned outright, and people with enough determination can keep 3 camels or 12 leucistic white tigers or some sharks if they want to. and the minimum keeping requirements that also affect ball pythons are normally only relevant when things go bad and/or there are claims of animal cruelty being investigated.

Bans are just bad governance. its too cheap, too broad, too easy. in Germany for a Lion or an Elephant, you need to show that your enclosure is large enough, that you have a plan on how to keep the animal that makes sense, that you can provide for it, and then you get your permits and can go ahead.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pythonfriend For This Useful Post:

Rhasputin (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's just a shame the steps the government is trying to come in and control stuff right down to the type of grass on our lawn. They're slowly but surely removing our freedom and the fact that people are letting it happen.

When they were trying to ban firearms. Anybody who knows me know I carry firearms and I own a ton. In simple words, I would not forfeit anything I own. Whether or not they see fit to try to take it is their own issue, but yea. I won't go into any further detail with that.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Neal For This Useful Post:

Rhasputin (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    same here and they will never take my medicine either lol
    1.0 Orange Ghost Ball Python
    0.1 100% Anery Boa
    1.0 Abbyline Het Kahl
    1.0 Blood Het Alb Python

12. The Following User Says Thank You to southbay54 For This Useful Post:

Rhasputin (01-03-2014)