Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,120

0 members and 3,120 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    Hey all, I've got a bearded dragon who needs to get some weight on him as well as get hydrated, and I've been told wax worms might be a good item to mix into his diet.

I was going to get 250 in bulk from LLLReptile, but I only have 1 beardie and was wondering how long you can keep them in the fridge without many of them dying off. Can you keep them refridgerated like that for long periods of time?

Any experience or comments, thanks in advance...
    -Brad

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I have kept wax worms in the fridge for up to 2 weeks before a few start dying off. But i have had them last way longer. The cold just slows their metabolism you will have some casualties. I ordered 500 crickets from them and they came all 100% alive and not one DOA. But i have learned that you cant feed off that many crickets before they start getting big and getting too big for my chameleon to eat them. So now I will just go to the store and get them. LLLReptile is great to order from i have ordered lots of stuff from them and they always send it on time and their customer service is great.
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.

Thanks
    Damien, you might want to consider ordering from http://www.herpfood.com/ . They have a $10 minimum order, but you can have as few as 100 crickets shipped at a time and can ask that they be shipped every week or two weeks or whatever.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!