Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,394

1 members and 1,393 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Cranky and Moody Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Physician&Snakes View Post
    Are four mice doing it? Might be time to up things.
    She actually slowed down as I stated. I've been offering her her original four, but she's only been eating two lately. I deff plan to up it once winter is over though, she a freaking weed.
    0.1 Normal Ball Python - Athena
    1.0 American Leatherback Bearded Dragon - Ares

Registered User Physician&Snakes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anwhit View Post
    She actually slowed down as I stated. I've been offering her her original four, but she's only been eating two lately. I deff plan to up it once winter is over though, she a freaking weed.
    Ohg ok, sorry I missed that. Is there anything around the cage that could be causing any stress? Dog, loud music, bright lights, etc... ?
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".- Edwin H. Chapin

"When a man is pushed, tormented, defeated, he has a chance to learn something; he has been put on his wits ... he has gained facts, learned his ignorance, is cured of the insanity of conceit, has got moderation and real skill".
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks

Ohg ok, sorry I missed that. Is there anything around the cage that could be causing any stress? Dog, loud music, bright lights, etc... ?
    Nope. I haven't moved her at all since I got her last year The only changed that occurred was when I got her a bigger enclosure over the summer but it's in the same spot. She's in my room, no foot traffic, dark most of the time. Nothing loud except my sister who lives on the same level but she's never been bothered by her before because I keep my door closed.

My beardie is in the basement at the moment so it's not his presence either. I honestly wouldn't have posted a thread if I hadn't checked for everything.

Right now, its just more perplexing than anything else.

Could she be constipated perhaps? She only pooped 2-3 weeks ago but anything is possibility with her right now.

Thanks

uhhm, I am stretching it a bit here...but are you wearing any strong perfumes recently?
    Last edited by Physician&Snakes; 12-08-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".- Edwin H. Chapin

"When a man is pushed, tormented, defeated, he has a chance to learn something; he has been put on his wits ... he has gained facts, learned his ignorance, is cured of the insanity of conceit, has got moderation and real skill".
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks

uhhm, I am stretching it a bit here...but are you wearing any strong perfumes recently?
    Not at all xD. I used to be a huge incense and oil burner but I stopped that as soon as I got her considering they only have one working lung.

All and all, I'll just keep an eye on her, as long as she's eating I'm going to try not to worry too much. (Then again, she can probably eat through anything but thats beside the point.) She gets fed tomorrow, (that could explain her being grumpy, not the soaking though), so we'll see what happens.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anwhit View Post
    Not at all xD. I used to be a huge incense and oil burner but I stopped that as soon as I got her considering they only have one working lung.

All and all, I'll just keep an eye on her, as long as she's eating I'm going to try not to worry too much. (Then again, she can probably eat through anything but thats beside the point.) She gets fed tomorrow, (that could explain her being grumpy, not the soaking though), so we'll see what happens.
    Uhhm, this is perplexing...I am honestly out of ideas.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks
    I'll update if I notice anything else.

Thanks

Can you get her on rats? It might be a hunger issue even though she's eating 2 to 4 mice at a time. Doesn't explain the soaking but that could be due to a bit of dehydration. Some BPs can get a bit snarky as they age. It could be anything from she doesn't like a certain hide to your curtain was open slightly. You said you had her a year. She might be getting to the I want a boyfriend stage.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomtip View Post
    Can you get her on rats? It might be a hunger issue even though she's eating 2 to 4 mice at a time. Doesn't explain the soaking but that could be due to a bit of dehydration. Some BPs can get a bit snarky as they age. It could be anything from she doesn't like a certain hide to your curtain was open slightly. You said you had her a year. She might be getting to the I want a boyfriend stage.
    It's pretty much impossible for me to get her on them. I've tried everything from scenting to braining and she still wouldn't take it. The only thing I haven't tried is live but I am very very hesitant to do so. I've got bitten by a rat before and man that's not fun, their teeth are terrifying. I'm too afraid that she'll get hurt.

The hide could be it as well. I had to get her a new cold hide recently because when I had brained the rat to try and feed to her, blood and guts got all over her hide when I left it there for a while. (During winter she's gets lazy and doesn't strike at her food, she prefers it just left in her cage and I usually leave it/them on top of one of her hides.) Even though I bought the same exact one, (about two weeks ago), I wouldn't doubt that she would be able to tell the difference. I haven't seen her in the hide since I got it. Is it possible that she's getting too hot because she's staying in her hot hide all the time and that's why she's soaking?

Thanks
    Try live rats, but make sure to watch her. I have been feeding live for a long time and so far nothing serious has happened to my snakes as for bites. I have seen a couple times a few scratches caused by the rats, but noting bad. Maybe after she eats one alive she may take to them okay.
    ~~~~~ROACH ~~~~~
    1.0 Normal
    1.1 Piebald
    1.0 Banana
    0.1 100% Het Piebald
    1.1 Het Lavender Albino
    1.0 Lesser
    0.1 Killer Bee
    0.1 Spider
    1.1 Pastel
    0.1 Butter Bee
    1.1 Mojave