Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,435

0 members and 1,435 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    Hello Everyone!
    I had another question about my blood, well I feed her every Friday and this passed Friday she was acting really weird. She'd bump the rat and smell it for a few seconds but never struck! Finally after a couple of bumps on the nose she started to swallow it. Well the next day which was Saturday I opened her "humidity box' to see how she was doing and she looked very pale and her eyes were a blue color, and right away I knew she was about to shed! Well I decided to spray her with a little water and to help keep her humidity box nice and moist. And today I did the same thing, I sprayed her again and I went on with my day. later on when I got home there was a smell that I wouldn't be able to describe (awful) and I checked her enclosure and she had "REGURGITADED" the rat.....! Im really worried and on HIGH ALERT because this has only happened once with me keeping tons of snakes! I've learned and been told by many hobbiests that when this happens theres alot of things that could of triggered it! Like moving around the snake, stress, sick and shedding! What do you all think could be the problem? You think she"ll eat again? When should I feed her? Is she sick? PLEASE HELP ME I NEED AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE......!!!!!! Heres my email coldblooded@tmail.com
    THANX GROUP!!!!!!!!

Thanks

nellie's first night out

I'm not familiar with bloods. But I'd think it's maybe because you fed her too close to shedding time(not your fault really..if she wasnt showing any signs at the time, how could you have known), and she was stressed out with shedding and feeding all in one and regurgitated. I'm not sure though. But calm down. It's probably nothing to worry about just yet.
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )

Thanks
    Mine have eaten fine during and arond shed times. Wehre you spraying her directly and was there a marked difference in temp between the water and the ambient tank temp? If the water was cool enough (deviated from tank temp enough really) it could at very least stressed here out enough to regurge. What kind of enclosure you got her in and is her water bowl big enough for her to crawl into? Mine are big fans of the water dish - almost without fail they'll all hit it right after eating, big enough dish humidity should do well enough you don't have to worry about misting - and you can always go with some sphagnum for a humid hide.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."