Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,639

2 members and 1,637 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,529
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Digital Thermometer and Thermostat

Hey guys its me again! Since my first post, Atlas just shedded with only a little trouble but kept humidity up and let him be and sure enough hes all good and he pooped! My digital thermometer and thermostat just arrived. I put the digital thermometer body on the cool side. It is a small unit with a suction cup. The probe I put on the middle under the substrate and buried it soo Atlas can't get on it. I thought this thermometer would be great but I'm realizing it only measures whatever the probe is on. So right now it says 74.3 and decreasing because its reading the glass which is cold. I'm pissed I thought this would work. So now what?
    Also, I got the hydrofarm thermostat. I have it plugged itm what should the top temperature be? Its reading 100 degrees but there is no power to the mat currently. This one seems to be working. The only problem is the cord from the probe is long so i have it going up and out the corner but there is a little space where else could get caught on it and also now I can't close the lid because it's in the corner
    Any suggestions for my setup would be hugely appreciated
    Last edited by Cloud Atlas; 11-17-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks
    For belly temp the max I let my dimmer get up to is 94. Anymore than that and the snakes start coming out of the hides which means it's to hot. I mount my temp probes by hot glue right under the substrate where the snake sleeps. And the thermostat probe when I did use thermostats I would mount them between the UTH and the glass. Hope this helps

Thanks
    If the uth is already on the tank you can use foil tape to put the probe on the back of the uth

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazymonkee For This Useful Post:

Xtina (11-20-2013)

Thanks

Re: Digital Thermometer and Thermostat

Omg durr! I'll fix the thermostat tonight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymonkee View Post
    If the uth is already on the tank you can use foil tape to put the probe on the back of the uth

I had my thermostat probe IN the tank (I'm so new!), and then kept reading that it needed to be ​between the UTH and the bottom of the tank. I was thinking what an epic fail for me since mine was already stuck on. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xtina View Post
    I had my thermostat probe IN the tank (I'm so new!), and then kept reading that it needed to be ​between the UTH and the bottom of the tank. I was thinking what an epic fail for me since mine was already stuck on. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    No problem, glad I could help!!
    Don't worry about fail...most of us do it in the beginning!! We put the uth on and go... "ah, now what? Lol"

Banned
    Thanks
    I simply put my thermostat probe to the outside of the tank on the outside of the UTH mat and not between the mat and tank and I then place thermometer probe dead center of heat mat inside of the tank and make my adjustments from there.
    Last edited by NYHC4LIFE8899; 11-20-2013 at 07:12 PM.