Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,067

1 members and 3,066 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks
    I'm so noob, I would know what would be a good deal. I like the yellow belly pythons. What do those usually run?

Sent from my HTCONE

Thanks

Re: new to the forum

Are you by chance in the El Paso area? I know they are having a show there next weekend. The yellow belly balls I've seen on kingsnake are running approx $200-300 depending on sex. One guy had a male for $1000. I guess he doesn't understand people are going for 2 and 3 gene snakes mostly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantomtip For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (11-17-2013)

Registered User Physician&Snakes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingkung View Post
    I'm so noob, I would know what would be a good deal. I like the yellow belly pythons. What do those usually run?

Sent from my HTCONE
    If you walk in with about $300 then you will have a fair amount of choices when it comes to BP morphs. I would not pay more than $200 for a 2013 yellow belly at a show and I would probably buy a pair since male BPs at reptile shows are starting to run dirt cheap.
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".- Edwin H. Chapin

"When a man is pushed, tormented, defeated, he has a chance to learn something; he has been put on his wits ... he has gained facts, learned his ignorance, is cured of the insanity of conceit, has got moderation and real skill".
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks
    Why do males cost less than females?

Sent from my HTCONE

Registered User Physician&Snakes's Avatar
    Thanks

Sent from my HTCONE
    More common and breed faster. Females are more expensive because they deliver the actual eggs and tend to be less common, they also take longer to mature. This varies by market though, for example, in the ball market, a nice 4 gene male is still cheaper than a 4 gene female, you would think he would be more expensive because I could stud that boy up to as many females as I could get out of him, in the retic market, a sweet 3 gene male will bring in as much or more than a 2-3 gene female...I guess retics just make better studs...maybe size really does matter . Tip: try not to buy any expensive hets at a show unless you know the people because sometimes that 50% het pied "accidentally" ends up in a deli cup labeled "100% double het pied & albino". lol.
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".- Edwin H. Chapin

"When a man is pushed, tormented, defeated, he has a chance to learn something; he has been put on his wits ... he has gained facts, learned his ignorance, is cured of the insanity of conceit, has got moderation and real skill".
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Physician&Snakes For This Useful Post:

Phantomtip (11-17-2013)

Thanks
    I am thinking of going to a show some time soon. I would love to get a 100%het pied pair for a good cheap price. I want a pied so bad lol. Before you go check around on kingsnake first and an idea of what a fair price is. Some people on there do try and over charge because they think they have the best snakes ever. I have seen pastel males going for usually $50 right now. There are a couple people that want $200 for theirs. Good luck I hope you find the one you like.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomtip View Post
    Are you by chance in the El Paso area? I know they are having a show there next weekend. The yellow belly balls I've seen on kingsnake are running approx $200-300 depending on sex. One guy had a male for $1000. I guess he doesn't understand people are going for 2 and 3 gene snakes mostly.
    No, I'm in southern California

Sent from my HTCONE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomtip View Post
    I am thinking of going to a show some time soon. I would love to get a 100%het pied pair for a good cheap price. I want a pied so bad lol. Before you go check around on kingsnake first and an idea of what a fair price is. Some people on there do try and over charge because they think they have the best snakes ever. I have seen pastel males going for usually $50 right now. There are a couple people that want $200 for theirs. Good luck I hope you find the one you like.

I heard that king snakes musk and I hear it smells very bad and is hard to walk off. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Sent from my HTCONE

Thanks

I heard that king snakes musk and I hear it smells very bad and is hard to walk off. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Sent from my HTCONE
    I think kingsnake is like a classified for snakes etc over in the USA, you were being directed there to get an idea of the price BP's are going for. He wasn't suggesting to buy a kingsnake.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Sent from my HTCONE
    Because if you buy 1 male and 3 females, you'll get on average a total of 18 eggs. If you add another female you'll get another 6 eggs (average).

If you buys 3 males and 1 female, you'll get an average of 6. If you add add another male, you're still only getting 6 eggs (average).

For the most part, the # of females you have controls how many hatchlings you can possibly get. For someone looking for a pet, a male is perfect. For breeders, girls control the game for the most part.
    Last edited by 200xth; 11-17-2013 at 08:43 PM.
    It is okay to use pine bedding for snakes.
    It is okay to feed live food to snakes.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast