Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,070

0 members and 3,070 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handling?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    If he is hanging out on top of it make sure the surface is not too hot. Sometimes you have to show them the hide too.
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i usualy handle roswell daily, except when sheding and for a few days after a meal. when i first got him he was timid so i handled him for about 15-20 minutes a day. over time he has gotten more and more used to me, so i am able to keep him out for longer periods. i have kept him out for up to an hour or even 3 in some cases. if he tries to hide or strugles i put him away. a lot of times i put him back in and he will either try to get back out, or on longer days, he will chill half out of his hide. get to know your snake, and you will be able to tell when he wants something or not.
    "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have burned so very brightly."

1.0 Ball Python "Roswell"
    1.0 Ball Python "Roo"

Thanks
    Yes, my snake was very moody when he doesn't want to be outside. I handle him about 15 min a day, except for about 2 days when he's eaten.

Yesterday when I got him out he was very standoffish. Always kept head back to strike. Did not move around much in my hand. When I was getting ready to put him back he struck at me, big miss though. So I put him back and he went to his hide.

Tonight I got him out, and he crawled around just fine. Was really nice, he even crawled to me when I put him down for a little while, and crawled up onto my lap and beside my leg for a while.

Just be able to guage your snake a little, which will take time. I will be getting use to him more and more, as he with me.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    essence13 i just want to bring up again what gozetec02 said about the surface of the enclosure possibly being to hot. i just got my bp a week ago and i was using regular analog thermometers to measure the temperatures. i went and got a digital one and found out that the floor temp was way too hot for my little girl. the analog gauges are NO GOOD. so maybe if that is what you are using you should think about getting a digital thermometer from walmart-its only $15. then your guy might be more than happy to get into his hides.
    - Emily

Thanks
    i handle my snake whenever i can, unless of course he ate recently or is shedding. but "whenever i can" is normally only about once every two or three days because buddy has too stay at my sisters aparment because my mom decided too get scared again. i held off on the handeling for about the first 5 days and it worked out good, i suppose its better too wait a whole week though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12