Hello,
I am a reptile enthusiast like most of you. I am currently taking courses in biology. The other day in class my professor mentioned an individual of Dr. Bryan Greg Fry. During the lecture my professor mentioned how this guy is changing the venomous chart of both lizards and snakes. I started to research and realized that this Dr. Fry is indicating that common house hold pets are venomous. All of which include Bearded Dragons, Iguanas, Monitors, and even constrictor snakes. I got to admit I am a bit taken back and shocked by this. My life goal is to one day open my own reptile shop to inform the general public of all the great creatures of the world, and hopefully impact individuals to become responsible reptile owners. Now my only drawback is do these species contain a strong enough venom (if they do) to threaten a life. The last thing I would ever want to do is harm somebody with lack of knowledge. I am dreadfully confused since people have had these species as pets for many of years without any issues. Do you think that these animals will eventually not be able to be pets? Also if the venom is indeed there and its weak can it cause any allergies?

PS if anyone knows someone that I can contact that knows venom terminology it would be greatly appreciated. I am not 100% grasping onto the terminology and hope that I can continue having these animals as pets without any harms. I love reptiles way to much