Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 491

0 members and 491 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus

View Poll Results: about flying cars...

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • we will see flying cars soon

1 5.00%
  • we will see flying cars sometime in my lifetime

3 15.00%
  • flying cars will be like little airplanes

6 30.00%
  • i want Jetsons style flying cars

4 20.00%
  • flying cars are bad

6 30.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Exclamation When do you think we will have flying cars?

are u tired of sitting in traffic? i am. i have been waiting for flying cars my entire life and i'm kinda disappointed that it is 2017 and we don't have flying cars yet.

when do u think we will finally have flying cars?
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

USNHM242 (05-13-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: When do you think we will have flying cars?

Heck I just want a blasted hoverboard, flying cars can come after.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,840 Times in 4,770 Posts
    We've had them for a while...

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Bassball Fever (05-11-2017),C.Marie (05-17-2017),Craiga 01453 (05-11-2017),Lizardlicks (05-11-2017),Reinz (05-11-2017)

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    Flying cars would significantly reduce the population. Most people have problems processing 2 dimensions let alone 3. That said I have a friend who is a pilot who is one of the worst drivers I have ever ridden with.

And BTW, we already have them. It is the price tag and licencing that are issues.
    Last edited by JodanOrNoDan; 05-11-2017 at 03:23 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

paulh (05-11-2017)

Thanks
    I find it highly unlikely. I am of the opinion that mankind will be extinct within the next hundred years. We cling to fossil fuels still, and there are places in thr US which feel that renewable resources are unsafe and will destroy the world, while supporting fossil fuel use and claiming it doesn't contribute to the rapid global climate change we are experiencing.

Not to mention we have people escalating the potential for nuclear war. We're done, it's been a good run, but we messed up bad and aren't doing anything to fix it.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Oxylepy For This Useful Post:

StillBP (05-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oxylepy View Post
    I find it highly unlikely. I am of the opinion that mankind will be extinct within the next hundred years. We cling to fossil fuels still, and there are places in thr US which feel that renewable resources are unsafe and will destroy the world, while supporting fossil fuel use and claiming it doesn't contribute to the rapid global climate change we are experiencing.

Not to mention we have people escalating the potential for nuclear war. We're done, it's been a good run, but we messed up bad and aren't doing anything to fix it.
    This I must agree with except that you forgot to add that 98% of the world leaders are clinically insane
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to StillBP For This Useful Post:

Oxylepy (05-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StillBP View Post
    This I must agree with except that you forgot to add that 98% of the world leaders are clinically insane
    if that's the case, i would welcome new intergalactic alien leadership to save this earth as long as they bring flying cars.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts
    Last edited by redshepherd; 05-11-2017 at 04:27 PM.

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StillBP View Post
    Quite apocalyptic in Pittsburgh today are we? Let me give you something to cheer you up a bit. We are far, far better off than we were thirty or forty years ago. The air is cleaner, the water is cleaner. I remember black smoke billowing out of cars and plants when I was young. I don't see anything to that scale any more. I got 8mpg in my first car. I now get 40mpg. In my young adult life I was woken often for alerts simulating all out nuclear war with the Soviet Union. I was in Germany when the wall between East and West Germany came down. There is no more Soviet Union bent on world domination. The problems now are minor league compared to then. If you really want to worry about something worry about the human race's reliance on technology. Worry about population densities. Most people wouldn't make it thirty days if the power went out. Technology is making people stupid, lazy and reliant on the system. That is a far greater and more realistic danger than what you guys are worried about.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Ba11er (05-11-2017),J880011 (05-11-2017),redshepherd (05-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Quite apocalyptic in Pittsburgh today are we? Let me give you something to cheer you up a bit. We are far, far better off than we were thirty or forty years ago. The air is cleaner, the water is cleaner. I remember black smoke billowing out of cars and plants when I was young. I don't see anything to that scale any more. I got 8mpg in my first car. I now get 40mpg. In my young adult life I was woken often for alerts simulating all out nuclear war with the Soviet Union. I was in Germany when the wall between East and West Germany came down. There is no more Soviet Union bent on world domination. The problems now are minor league compared to then. If you really want to worry about something worry about the human race's reliance on technology. Worry about population densities. Most people wouldn't make it thirty days if the power went out. Technology is making people stupid, lazy and reliant on the system. That is a far greater and more realistic danger than what you guys are worried about.
    I agree! I'm sure that in the 1920's~1960's, people thought that the world would end within the next 50 years. And then look what happened.

Most people don't know how bad pollution had gotten decades ago. Have you guys heard of the Great Smog of London? Thousands of people died from pollution within a few days. We're much better off now, and technology has improved a lot! Every generation has its problems, and they get solved. Not that they will always be solved, but we're not getting *worse* in every aspect, like young people make it out to be.

The world just had a couple decades of peace and quiet before things started happening again recently, so we're taking it like the world is ending again. Just like it has a bunch of times throughout history.

(pretending I'm not a young person too LOL)
    Last edited by redshepherd; 05-11-2017 at 04:47 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (05-11-2017)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast