Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,791

1 members and 2,790 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Friend neglecting my BP

Ive been waiting "patiently" since I texted and got a call back this morning that they would bring her this afternoon. Its been 8 hrs of waiting. I have patients with children and animals. Not with people that don't listen to me. Ugh I am starting to get pissed. I haven't even gotten a call or text saying they werent coming. About to call and see whats going on. Maybe if I invite them for dinner they will come and bring her. Guess I shouldn't be in such a hurry. By the way for the smoker on here. You don't smoke all the time nor really heavily in your rept room right. You also have good ventilation in there. They don't have good ventilation and they smoke heavily in there. The room is like a sauna in summer and cold in the winter with no air flow except when they ppen the door to go in and out. I will just feel a lot better when she is back under my care and management.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by satomi325 View Post
    Also, I suggest not putting her in a warm bath right away. Its best to gradually warm up a cold reptile. Heating up too fast(like suddenly being cold to hot) can shock the system.

Is there a reason why they want to bring her instead of you picking her up? That's a little odd........

And a tank for an adult does not cost $15-20. They are probably closer to $70+.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Tanks of every size can be found at yard sales every weekend around here for a few bucks...a lot of them look almost unused. Lots of people get a fish or two and then store the empty tank when the fish die and the novelty wears off...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks

Sheis back home and in her temp holding pen lol. Yes its a tub. There was all kinds of poop and shed in that cage she was in. She is loving the fresh warm water in a bowl sje can climb into and warmth. I cant wait till my son is asleep and o can start scrubbing this nasty thing. About to start boiling the "furniture" that was in with her too. She already looks happier. Man am I happy too. She will be fed on Friday so that will be about 10 days give or take since her last feeding. Just this little I did tonight since her coming home has already made her happy. I do have a towel over her to keep her from freaking out over a new place and to keep my son from trying to mess with her.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phantomtip For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (10-28-2013),cassidyy327 (11-20-2013),Crazymonkee (10-28-2013),V2 HeX (10-28-2013),Xtina (11-20-2013)

Thanks
    So happy she's home. Were there any words between you and your "friends" at her return?

Sent from my Huawei Y301A1 using Tapatalk
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

BPnet Senior Member AlexisFitzy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,512 Posts

Friend neglecting my BP

Glad she's back in your care man this was a crazy roller coaster ride for you guys! Glad it's all over now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

No words except that he was mad I didn't lock her cage after feeding her. I wasn't the one that put the rat in there. I just finished scrubbing her cage with clorox clean up and rinsing it WELL. Put the new clean substrate and after boiling and then scrubbing the furniture put it in then put her in and she went bollistic. She has a clean hide clean water bowl with fresh water and wet moss in the hide. She warmed up nicely while I ate dinner and got my son ready for bed then her stuff cleaned. She pooped in the tub so that has to be sterilized. She has a heat pad with rheostat, and went into her hide woth a little nudging from me. I put a light blanket over jer cage to keep the cat from bothering her. I have a plastic water bowl she was curled in the tub in there. Its clean was an extra for trips with dog. I am going to wait a few days before I do anything besides check on her and change the water. She started to coil and uncoil around the soft clean substrate right away. They had reptibark in there before which isnt as soft. Shes a creature of comfort like me lol. I am all smiles tonight.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantomtip For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (10-28-2013),cassidyy327 (11-20-2013)

Thanks
    So glad it worked out!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thanks

I am so glad to hear this ended well.

On the note of your "friends", some people should never be allowed to have animals. Or children for that matter...

Thanks

Yes the emotional circus is over. I now just have to wait till Friday and start getting the appropriate enclosure and items for her to be really happy. Also food. She is already acting like she's hungry when I checked on her a few min ago. She also moved her hide lol. After this little wait on food for her the meals will be more reliable. Dang I hate moving. It always costs so muchto get everything sorted at the "new" place. I guess I should have been saving up for a new enclosure way before this but I also thought I would be getting all her equipment in the same condition I left it. I have priced out most of the stuff and its around $350. Not including the insulation for the outside of the enclosure.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Glad to hear you got her back!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast