Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,883

1 members and 2,882 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Is this for real? Most stunning colors in banana genetic stripe

This picture just surfaced over in morps & genetics in the thread about banana / coral glow, posted originally on kingsnake, and brought here by user wendhend.

its the most unreal thing ive ever seen, the colors are just ridiculous. sure, its a banana after 1st shed, it will change a lot, but still.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...17216940_n.jpg

just so amazing, i had to make a thread.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 10-27-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Hotlink
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pythonfriend For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (10-27-2013)

Thanks
    Ya know I'm not too into the banana by itself, but it makes some very nice combos. I like the Mojave banana as well, but this one is stunning!!
    Thanx for sharing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 513 Posts
    Awesome looking animal, I do feel the lighting plays a huge part in this picture.

Thanks
    yes i also think lighting and color settings may play a role here, there are other pictures of this BP floating around on facebook, taken before 1st shed.

like this one:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...58031937_n.jpg

and now im quite a bit disappointed that the shadows in this picture are pink . i just found it while searching for more and just noticed the problem. shadows arent supposed to be pink. i guess my excitement got the better of me.

so photoshop it is, ive been had. i thought its probarbly just the lighting, but no, colors have been tampered with. and now the thread is just a lesson on how color settings can fool you.

i had some doubts, a part of me was thinking: i want to see a human hand holding it, for comparison, but pushed it aside. should have listened too my doubts.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 10-27-2013 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Hotlink
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Thanks
    I saw these first hand at Daytona and they are amazing. Maybe the lighting in that pic is questionable but there is no question about it the Banana G Strip is awesome.

Banana Super Stripe should be just as amazing.

Thanks
    Even if the colors aren't as eye-catching in real life, I still think having a yellow striped snake with some contrast to it is pretty. To me it is prettier than the albino genetic stripe and should definitely be easier to produce. Probably a project I will pursue!
    ~Wendy~

RepStylin®

Reptile Collection: Amazon Tree Boas, Ball Pythons, Boa Constrictors, Brazilian Rainbow Boas, Carpet Pythons, Chondro, Corn Snakes, King Snakes, Milk Snakes and a Retic. Too many morphs to list anymore!