Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,951

0 members and 2,951 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks
    so i'm going to this huge reptile show / breeders expo in daytona beach in less than 2 weeks, and my main reason for going is i want a funky lizard (or 3 ).

i was thinking either a 1.2 setup or crested geckos, or mabye a gargoyle, or if i can find a cool enough chamelion for the right price, he might be comming home with me.

i have been looking on e-bay for enclosures, and heres what i want to get

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

its 20x18x12. i'm looking for something i can handle from time to time without losing any skin, a good personality, and somewhat active. any ideas for what i should be looking for to put in a setup of this size?

any and all first hand experience would be greatly appreciated

~Will.

Thanks
    Cresteds and gargoyles are good and tolerate handling pretty well (though babies tend to be jumpy and they all require getting used to handling). They'll also do well in a cage of that size if upended, though 1.2 might be a little bit of a squeeze for gargoyles. Chameleons tend to be less tolerant of handling from what I understand, though I haven't owned one.

I have 5 crested geckos, and currently 1.1 are in a hardware cloth enclosure a little bigger than that, and I find the humidity evaporates a little faster than I'd like because of the air flow. Because of that, I'm going to turn that cage over to my daughter's rat and build a new cage for the cresteds that will have solid sides. If you look in the rhacodactylus section, you'll see a link I posted yesterday for a great new crested cage with solid but see-through sides that you might want to consider instead if you go with cresteds or gargoyles.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!