Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,128

1 members and 3,127 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    hello, i just wanted to tell you about my fascinating discovery. while boating on lake norman in north carolina (i live there) i decided to stop and check for herps on this big island. well there is a cliff that is extremely eroded from the water so there is like a system of caves and a big forest above. the island is not that big, probably only a couple of acres but i was amazed at how many huge black rat snakes there were crawling over the whole place. it also makes me wonder how so many snakes could fit on such a small island and still find enough food for all of them. i hope they dont die out from overpopulation. we can only hope they're smart enough to swim to shore before it becomes a big problem. just though id share. maybe il take some pictures on my next adventure, one rat snake a captured was well over 6 feet long.

Thanks
    Cool man. I always love going field herpin!
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Banned
    Thanks
    Rat Snakes are excellent swimmers, and are known to swim across lakes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink
    Rat Snakes are excellent swimmers, and are known to swim across lakes.
    ... Someday i'll have to tell you guys the story of me + Andariel ( Chris ) + rowboat + copperhead .... needless to say its hysterical
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    I guess you could say i go field herping too, when i go jogging i see rattlenakes ALL the time. There is tons of them here, its cool but scary at the same time.
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake

Thanks
    im always in the field. i was a field herper WAY before i actually owned a reptile of my own. when i was little i diddnt know why i liked snakes so much, but i did. i would always read about them and stuff so i knew which ones were ok to handle, and i got pretty good at handeling them too. well now i own a ball python but i still love goin in the woods or in this case an island to find snakes. wild snakes seem so much different than captive ones in my opinion. i just hate poison ivy and poison oak. i am currently just getting over it for the 7th time this summer. im careful about it but obviosly not careful enough.