Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,845

1 members and 2,844 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Two more girls, lesser and fire.

I snagged these two off of Craigslist pretty cheap, and I'm pretty happy to have them aboard. I actually only planned on getting the fire, but seeing a lesser in person made it hard to turn her down (and why are these animals so addicting??). So here they are.

They already had names when I got them, and my policy is generally that they keep their names. So, here they are:

"Fiona"

Not sitting still for very long lol

"Leslie"

Maybe not as spectacular as the two 2-gene males I picked up last month, but I'm happy with them....... and two guesses what I'm after with the fire and the fire spider.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ball Clan For This Useful Post:

ballbreeder (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    I suspect both of these girls didn't get handled much. Leslie is pretty tense and stand-offish, and seems to stress a lot when I get her out. Fiona doesn't mind handling much but she is very curious and spastic outside the cage. I'm proud of myself for getting the pictures I did get of her, although I will try for some better ones still.

Thanks
    Nice lookin ladies!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazymonkee For This Useful Post:

Ball Clan (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thank you! I really didn't realize how bright the fire looks until I saw her in person, and especially next to my normals. Big difference!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

That lesser is really nice. Unfortunately i believe that Fiona is just a normal. I'm really not seeing fire.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    You think so? She sure does glow compared to my normals. But she'd be the first fire I've seen in person. She's as bright as my fire spider. What should I be looking for?

This is her next to one of my normal girls.

Thanks
    She looks like a fire to me

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk now Free
    0.3 normal 1.1 pastels 0.1 spider 1.0 fire 1.0 lesser 1.0ringer 0.1RTB 1.0 Savannah monitor.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ball Clan View Post
    You think so? She sure does glow compared to my normals. But she'd be the first fire I've seen in person. She's as bright as my fire spider. What should I be looking for?

This is her next to one of my normal girls.
    Hmmm... In this pic she does look more like a fire but im still not sold on her. This is my male.

She looks more like that normal than she looks like my fire. Hopefully more people will weigh in with opinions. Idk for sure
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Well, this is why I was hesitant for a long time to take a chance on a fire. I knew I'd either pay out the ass for a proven female or gamble on my best judgement since fires can resemble normals, especially in pictures. I had considered just taking what I get from next year's babies and just buying a super fire and being done with it. But it would be so much more exciting to produce one of my own.

As for Fiona, I don't know if it helps but her belly is patternless, solid white/cream color, and her side bands fade out as they get closer to her belly just like my fire spider. I also read today that fires have the side stripes bordering the belly toward the rear similar to a het pied, and she does have a little of that. I actually noticed that Saturday night and remember thinking it would be crazy if she was het pied too, so it kind of stuck out to me when I read that. Biggest knocks on her that I will concede is that she is missing the fiery head stamp, which I see on a lot of fire pictures (but I've seen pictures of fires without it too), and I also don't think her color contrast is quite as sharp as most of the fires I've seen pics of.

I suppose all I can do is just hope she proves out. Thanks to that lesser being thrown in the deal I'll hardly be losing much if she doesn't. She looks a bit short on meals so I don't know if I'll go with her this spring, but eventually I'm gonna throw my fire spider male to her. All I really need out of her is a super, so if she's just low quality then my male is not, so he should cover the slack there.

All I know is that if she is a normal she is by far the brightest one I have ever seen.

Thanks
    Had to use the flash, but here are some belly shots:

Here's a head shot

And one more body shot, no flash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast