Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,086

1 members and 3,085 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breeding loan

Thanks

Re: Breeding loan

Quote Originally Posted by Oombootoo View Post
    You should be more specific on the males genetics. For proper in enclosure for the hatchlings, be specific on the size, and husbandry. You might want to add a foul play claws, insuring that you do not fall victim if let's say 4 out of 4 eggs hatch but you are told only 3 did and the dead one was discarded. Insure you get a correct clutch count and lay eyes on all hatchlings, alive or not. That's what I would add.
    Good idea on being more specific on my males genetics. I was able to contact his breeder and discovered he came from a hypo hog female x super salmon jungle male, alone with pictures of them breeding and also the birth of my male.
    That's a good idea about the foul play. I didn't think about that because the guy is wanting 1-2 babies for strictly pets. But I guess if he got dollar signs in his eyes later down the road then it would be a good idea to cover that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Doubt anyone is gonna get eggs on that one

As for husbandry cage size and such, I think it is a bit pushy, when doing a lone with someone I would expect that the person knows how to keep animals in an optimal manner however it does not mean that they have to keep their animal the exact same way I do.

I have/had animals from 4 different people this season and they do not keep their animal the way I do, for example I do not provide a hot spot during most of the year why they do.

I feel that way too. Before even considering this loan I asked about his husbandry practices and it seems A-OK to me.
    Females: 0.1 fire; 0.1 sugar; 0.1 GHI; 0.1 pinstripe het desert ghost; 0.1 mojave spider; 0.2 mojave; 0.1 black pewter blast; 0.1 leopard pied; 0.1 champagne; 0.1 pied; 0.1 super pastel lesser; 0.1 pewter; 0.1 spider het pied, 0.1 bumblebee; 0.1 lesser; 0.1 spider; 0.1 normal; 0.3 het pied
    Males: 1.0 het desert ghost; 1.0 pastel pied; 1.0 leopard; 1.0 black pastel; 1.0 enchi; 1.0 mojave; 1.0 cinnamon; 1.0 pied; 1.0 vanilla

Other species: 1.0.3 pacman frogs (sunkissed, super apricot, super blue, super lime green); 0.2 crested gecko; 1.0 hypo hog island boa; 0.1 normal boa; 1.0 rottweiler; 1.0 chihuahua

instagram = lesliep91

Thanks

Breeding loan

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Doubt anyone is gonna get eggs on that one

As for husbandry cage size and such, I think it is a bit pushy, when doing a lone with someone I would expect that the person knows how to keep animals in an optimal manner however it does not mean that they have to keep their animal the exact same way I do.

I have/had animals from 4 different people this season and they do not keep their animal the way I do, for example I do not provide a hot spot during most of the year why they do.
    Not saying to be anal, but expectations are not what you are looking for with a loan. You want some sort of guarantee that the worms will be taken care of the way you know they should be or else there would be no need for legal documentation in the first place. What I have done is asked what size enclosure the BP's would be crept after hatching, and what they keep their temps/humidity and if I find it adequate i simply put that in the contract using all the numbers they give me. Can't argue if you know your doing it right. People abuse the right to breed ball pythons everyday, I just don't want to fall victim to their possible ignorance or purposeful neglect. Not trying to be pushy. I just like to cover my basis. All things considered a contract is based on how all parties involved believe things should be done, and an agreement is made listing how all parties will play there role weather it's through their own practices or approved practices of all parties.

Thanks
    Quick update: found out the guy lives right by my parents and is a family friend of sorts. I just didn't remember him
    Females: 0.1 fire; 0.1 sugar; 0.1 GHI; 0.1 pinstripe het desert ghost; 0.1 mojave spider; 0.2 mojave; 0.1 black pewter blast; 0.1 leopard pied; 0.1 champagne; 0.1 pied; 0.1 super pastel lesser; 0.1 pewter; 0.1 spider het pied, 0.1 bumblebee; 0.1 lesser; 0.1 spider; 0.1 normal; 0.3 het pied
    Males: 1.0 het desert ghost; 1.0 pastel pied; 1.0 leopard; 1.0 black pastel; 1.0 enchi; 1.0 mojave; 1.0 cinnamon; 1.0 pied; 1.0 vanilla

Other species: 1.0.3 pacman frogs (sunkissed, super apricot, super blue, super lime green); 0.2 crested gecko; 1.0 hypo hog island boa; 0.1 normal boa; 1.0 rottweiler; 1.0 chihuahua

instagram = lesliep91

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oombootoo View Post
    Not saying to be anal, but expectations are not what you are looking for with a loan. You want some sort of guarantee that the worms will be taken care of the way you know they should be or else there would be no need for legal documentation in the first place. What I have done is asked what size enclosure the BP's would be crept after hatching, and what they keep their temps/humidity and if I find it adequate i simply put that in the contract using all the numbers they give me. Can't argue if you know your doing it right. People abuse the right to breed ball pythons everyday, I just don't want to fall victim to their possible ignorance or purposeful neglect. Not trying to be pushy. I just like to cover my basis. All things considered a contract is based on how all parties involved believe things should be done, and an agreement is made listing how all parties will play there role weather it's through their own practices or approved practices of all parties.
    All of this goes hand in hand with knowing the person and trusting the person. It's not like you're going to do a breeding loan with somebody you don't even know anything about.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowShredder View Post
    Quick update: found out the guy lives right by my parents and is a family friend of sorts. I just didn't remember him
    That's great. I'm glad that it's even more good news for you.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks
    I originally thought his female was a normal, but after seeing her I knew she wasn't. Had him dig up the receipt and turns out it's an aberrant line female. So hopefully we'll get some aberrant hypos, and hopefully the 25% hog will show through.

Also found out Kenai is specifically salmon line of hypo.

I'm pretty excited

instagram = lesliep91

Thanks
    The contract looks pretty decent IMO. However, I do think it should be more in your favor, because you have everything to lose and he has everything to gain from this. I am also just a few minutes south of you and if I can help in any way just let me know! PM sent as well
    Semper Fi
    Patience is a virtue

2.1 Normal (Monty, Loki, Izzy)
    1.2 Cinnamon het. 100% pied (Osiris, Isis, Heset)
    0.1 Spider (Hathor)
    1.0 Pastel (Anubis)
    1.0 Pinstripe (Thor)
    0.1 Lesser (Aten)
    1.0 Mohave (Montu)

0.1 BCI Pastel Crimson (Number Six)
    1.0 BCI Normal (Zephyr)
    0.1 BCI Peters Type B (Persephone)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,859 Times in 4,779 Posts

If I were James I'd want something in there about what time of day you can come over to inspect things, and how much notice you have to give. For instance, if I were him I would not be happy with you banging on my door at 2 a.m. if you had a nightmare about Kenai getting hurt or something.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    The contract looks pretty decent IMO. However, I do think it should be more in your favor, because you have everything to lose and he has everything to gain from this. I am also just a few minutes south of you and if I can help in any way just let me know! PM sent as well

Hmm I thought I had written it so that it's mainly in my favor? I basically wrote it to protect my butt in every way I could think of. He is also my sisters good friend (for the last 10 years) and am not worried about being cheated. But I have everything written out clearly just in case

instagram = lesliep91

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    If I were James I'd want something in there about what time of day you can come over to inspect things, and how much notice you have to give. For instance, if I were him I would not be happy with you banging on my door at 2 a.m. if you had a nightmare about Kenai getting hurt or something.

hahaha that would be funny actually. He lives about 1.5 hours away so it'd have to be a really bad dream lol. I asked him if he would like to add or change anything and he said it looks good to him so I guess he isn't worried about me banging on his door haha. He lives very close to my parents and will stop by when I visit them, I'll def be giving a heads up. It'd be rude not to

instagram = lesliep91

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowShredder View Post
    Hmm I thought I had written it so that it's mainly in my favor? I basically wrote it to protect my butt in every way I could think of. He is also my sisters good friend (for the last 10 years) and am not worried about being cheated. But I have everything written out clearly just in case
    Well if he is a long time family friend then I wouldn't worry too much about changing the contract around. But little things like, having him be responsible for feeding and getting the rats. And have him pay for vet bills, not you. If you loan me your xbox and I damage it or my house burns down I would have to be the one to replace it.
    Semper Fi
    Patience is a virtue

2.1 Normal (Monty, Loki, Izzy)
    1.2 Cinnamon het. 100% pied (Osiris, Isis, Heset)
    0.1 Spider (Hathor)
    1.0 Pastel (Anubis)
    1.0 Pinstripe (Thor)
    0.1 Lesser (Aten)
    1.0 Mohave (Montu)

0.1 BCI Pastel Crimson (Number Six)
    1.0 BCI Normal (Zephyr)
    0.1 BCI Peters Type B (Persephone)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast