Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,692

2 members and 1,690 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: enviroment

Thanks
    I recently got a Golden Gecko as a gift from my girlfriend. It is currently in a 10 gallon tank, I have a red light for it on the cover, the area around the light is covered by a piece of screen to prevent the gecko from climbing over it. The light is only turned on for about an hour or two at a time, I am also using an undertank heater. My gecko usually crawls around on the sides of the tank and doesn't spend very much time on the ground, I am using some stuff I got from the pet store called "Reptile Sand". I spray the inside of the tank once or twice everyday to keep it humid. Could somebody recommend what else I could put in the tank to better it for my gecko?

Thanks

'Bout time!

Welcome to the site! Have you read our Golden Gecko Care Sheet? If not: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....rtid=10&page=1 , you may want to give it a read. Its full of good ideas on what else you could put in the cage for your gecko. I would definitely try to get some artificial plants, or vines in there for your little guy to climb on. They love to climb.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    For the soil that article suggests, where would you recommend I find some? Is this the damp dirt I could find in my backyard or do I need something dryer?

Banned
    Thanks

how?

Hello, I have two male golden geckos.
    Sand is a not-so-good substrate.
    An undertank heater is a waste of money.
    Just get a night glo light from exo terra for at night, and in the winter (depepending on where you live) get a red light or a soft white light.
    Hope I've helped.
    Goodbye.

-collin